Hard armour or Soft armour?

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
I have Joe Rocket hard armour and soft armour. I'm trying to decide which would offer the best protection in a crash/tumble. Hard armour seems to make more sense, but I often wonder if the armour moved during a tumble, it might cause more damage than protection.
Any thoughts on this? :)

W

wrightme43

Yes,

I cut a piece off of the soft armor that came with my old fieldsheer jacket and took it outside and rubbed it back and forth on pavement. It was dual layer. It was tough as hell.

I crashed with hard/soft dual layer. Only really padded area was the elbow that hit.

I did not feel it. I really like the dual density armour. After seeing Nates leg, I really worry about penetration. I am getting the knox back and chest protector. Out there looking over the bike there is all kinds of stuff that will just stab right into you.

I will probley be way overboard on this stuff for a while, then again how can you be overboard on personal protective equiptment? LOL

I kinda like my pieces attached.

The cheap memory foam abrades thru in just a few swipes on the ground.

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
^ agreed. Been there too, but to be honest, the more I was worried about my safety the less I enjoyed the ride. Not saying I tried to forget about safety, I just tried to be well geared without going overboard. Just my 2c

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes,

I cut a piece off of the soft armor that came with my old fieldsheer jacket and took it outside and rubbed it back and forth on pavement. It was dual layer. It was tough as hell.

I crashed with hard/soft dual layer. Only really padded area was the elbow that hit.

I did not feel it. I really like the dual density armour. After seeing Nates leg, I really worry about penetration. I am getting the knox back and chest protector. Out there looking over the bike there is all kinds of stuff that will just stab right into you.

I will probley be way overboard on this stuff for a while, then again how can you be overboard on personal protective equiptment? LOL

I kinda like my pieces attached.

The cheap memory foam abrades thru in just a few swipes on the ground.
Did Nate injure his leg at the gap?

urbanj

Reaction score
Visit site
whats the CE approved stuff? i know it goes foam, CE foam and then hard shell. my jacket came with the CE but i was thinking of upgrading to the hard armour.