You decide on speed , physics decides who lives!

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
This is an ad from Melbourne Australia, my home town.
When this ad came out,there was a lot of controversy about the type of advertising for MC safety as most ads depicted the MC rider as always needing to be vigilant about speed, visibility, etc. And in most of the ads the MC was deemed to be the "at fault" party. Now I am not excusing dumb behaviour by riders!!!
The approach now is that the ads are also showing that the drivers need to look and that just being on a bike doesn't make you the guilty party.

We all know that it is imperative to be aware of our surrounds because we have so little physical protection, but that doesn't let off the drivers that are not looking enough or appropriately.

The more I ride, the less I see yahoos on bikes % wise. Dumbarses on Vespas w/out protective gear, a few scooters and one ducati(I think it was) riding for a block on the footpath (Richard Cranium).

But cars, change lane without indicating/looking, phone use, make up application, dining in(or is that dining out?) I reckon its about 25%, people taking on another task while driving, maybe higher!?!?

Water Bear

Fireball
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You gonna let me borrow $12 so I can read that :thumbup:

There is the counter argument...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vfs5-TO5ro

Blah I only remember reading the article in print, I was honestly amazed I found it online at all. But yea that link is not very useful!

I might have a print copy lying around somewhere, but I doubt it would be legal for me to upload a .pdf scan of it...

Maybe I can find something free that doesn't use the Eves's theorem trickery.

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Blah I only remember reading the article in print, I was honestly amazed I found it online at all. But yea that link is not very useful!

I might have a print copy lying around somewhere, but I doubt it would be legal for me to upload a .pdf scan of it...

Maybe I can find something free that doesn't use the Eves's theorem trickery.
I'd love to read it, even if i deleted it afterward. Knowledge should not cost money :)

There ya' go - always 2 sides to every story ;) Thanks for sharing!:thumbup:
But of course! ;)