Americade

Will you be attending Americade this year?

• Yes!

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • No!

Votes: 13 92.9%
  • Maybe...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

eagle1909

The EAgle
Reaction score
Visit site
My Father and I are leaving for Americade saturday morning, Just wondering If anyone one else on here planned on attending the event. Maybe I will see some other FZ6's running around.:america:

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
I wanted to, but my wife axed it this year. We have a brand new little one at home. Maybe, next year.

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
A few guys from work are going, they've been planning it for awhile, but I already have prior commitments so maybe next year!

Also just a heads up, make sure you have all your paperwork e.g. registration, license, insurance, and proper safety gear. It's been in the news that the police will be setting up checkpoints along the routes in and around Lake George.

From the Article:

"If you plan on getting on a bike this weekend, be advised that state police are stepping up patrols, even setting up a mandatory checkpoint along the Northway.

"At the checkpoint, we're going to be checking for unsafe tires, illegal exhaust. We'll be making sure people have the right endorsement on their license which is a class M," State Police Sgt. James Halverson said.

They'll also be checking helmets, making sure every biker has a DOT certified head piece. Riders who aren't wearing any head gear, or even riders with novelty helmets, can expect a pretty pricey ticket."

Full Article

Another Article
:Sport:

Last edited:

SanNYC

Reaction score
www.dozendames.org
I went to Americaid for the first time and felt like a kid in a candy store. I was so excited to be there that I lost my appetite. I couldn’t get over the number of bikes, the organized schedule of events, the mature crowd and the beautiful location. I met so many nice people that I didn’t want to leave.

I attended the Women’s Round Table Discussion which was a panel of 5 or 6 women who work in the mc industry. I was so inspired by their presentations that the next day I test road all the big bikes that I was previously too afraid to get on. I test road a Yamaha FJR which is a large sports touring bike. Although it is an excellent bike, it was scary because the bike is too tall for me. I almost dropped it when we came to a stop sign on a hill. Lastly, I test road a Honda Gold Wing. What a perfect bike. I was in absolute heaven on the Gold Wing. I felt little or no wind, the sit was like a pillow, the music system was excellent, the cruise control was unbelievable and the bike is so well balance that I felt confident. I have set a can on my desk called the Sandy Gold Wing Fund.

I also test road the BMW GS 650, the Triumph Scrambler 900, the Kawasaki Vulcan 900 and 2000, and the Moto Guzzi Norge. I enjoyed them all except the Moto Guzzi.

After all those test rides, I got on my FZ6 and felt like I was on the perfect bike for me given that I do most of my riding in NYC.

The only negative to my trip was that I road down with another woman who is not as fanatical about biking as I am and who rides a small bike. She didn’t attend any of the events and doesn’t like riding the twisties because curves scare her. She even refused to take certain major expressways there because of curves. The speed limit is 65 on the route we traveled, but she wouldn’t go over 70. I’m going alone next year, but I’m definitely going back to Americaid.

SanNYC