best engine oil

ernie balatbat

Reaction score
Visit site
i recently purchased motul h-tech 100 engine oil for my 2005 yamaha fz6-s. it's a 10w-40 fully synthetic oil. i just want to know if my bike will perform better esp in a tropical country where i reside before i change it's oil?

Last edited:

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm running on used fry oil. I find that the shrimp residue from egg rolls provides the perfect mixture of viscosity that my top-end and clutch plates love.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Lawlberg, you should consider buying fresh fry oil. Not quite as fortified as used but it lasts a bit longer and smells better. :thumbup:

iSteve

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
The only concern I would have about the H-Tech 100 is that it is not a motorcycle oil. Non motorcycle oil may cause your clutch to slip.

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
This is like asking which ice cream flavour is the best, everybody is going to give you a different answer.

Personally i would not use that oil because it is not a motorcycle oil and i like to keep my clutch happy.

But then, a lot of people have had no problems using regular oil, and call motorcycle oil a scam!

All that to say "no one can answer that question but you!"

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
10-W40 Synthetic is all my Fazer has ever had since it's second oil change. Should be great for tropical locations. (To be most effective always change it hot, and be careful)

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I shouldn't but I will...
Mobile 1 base stock for US vs EU is not the same. EU is real synthetic while ours is not. Perhaps the reason the fizzer rejects it in 2000 miles making strange vibrations
picture.php
.... there are like 2 billion threads on this on bobistheoilguy. Have fun finding the facts! :welcome:

FWIW: I am not the only one found this vibration issue and will not be putting that MC spec oil back in my engine.

So the question is; what other oils does this apply too? The US has lots of crude oil. Stands to reason we will continue to refine it. :D

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
LMAO! :spank: and :welcome:to our new member! Blah

Just use a recommended (grade and weight) oil by the manufacturer. As others have said there are oils that are motorcycle specific and do not have the friction modifiers that car oil has.
Since the clutch and transmission on your bike use the same oil as the engine there may be clutch issues. Better to be safe and use the recommended rated oils which are not brand specific. :)

Oh yeah! Search!

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
I shouldn't but I will...
Mobile 1 base stock for US vs EU is not the same. EU is real synthetic while ours is not. Perhaps the reason the fizzer rejects it in 2000 miles making strange vibrations
picture.php
.... there are like 2 billion threads on this on bobistheoilguy. Have fun finding the facts! :welcome:

FWIW: I am not the only one found this vibration issue and will not be putting that MC spec oil back in my engine.

So the question is; what other oils does this apply too? The US has lots of crude oil. Stands to reason we will continue to refine it. :D

Let me add to the confusion by saying that my bike originally came to me with EU Mobile 1 and felt noticeably better after i changed the Mobile 1 to Motul 7100!

Maybe Mobil 1 just isn't as good quality as people think it is...

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
This is like asking which ice cream flavour is the best, everybody is going to give you a different answer.

Personally i would not use that oil because it is not a motorcycle oil and i like to keep my clutch happy.

But then, a lot of people have had no problems using regular oil, and call motorcycle oil a scam!

All that to say "no one can answer that question but you!"

Vanilla is the best! Thanks for asking. [emoji1]

FZSexy

Reaction score
Visit site
if worlds collided and you needed one oil to please all riders, it would be something Shell Rotella. so i am going to go with that as "best oil," and it will go into my bike soon. full synthetic