Sqealing Front Brake

gbmoney007

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm hoping to get some help with my squealing front brake. I rode my '06 in the rain a couple of weeks ago. I cleaned and lubed my chain before riding again, but have noticed the front brake has been squealing ever since. Should I have also done something to protect or lube my brakes after the rain? My bike only has a little over 2000 miles on it so I doubt it has to do with wear.

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
No lube for brakes. I am no mech.engineer but I think lube is always used on mechanical parts to reduce friction. Brakes are all about friction, so lube is bad... It is probably happening at the last few feet before stopping right? It's normal IMO. It comes and goes as it pleases

taki

Reaction score
Visit site
my 06 fz6 started doing this recently, at about 3300 miles.

it started after a couple rides in the rain.

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site

Gosling1

Take it easy Charlie. I've got an angle.
Reaction score
Visit site
Mine will start to squeal after a wet ride. If it persists I'll pull the front and rough up the pads and get the glaze off the rotor. Works for me so far.

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
Every yamaha i have ever ridden has had this "problem". I guess its more of an annoying occurance.

The only way i have found to fix it is to buy aftermarket brake pads.

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
The brakes have always worked fine on mine, they just squeeked real bad. As long as they work properly the noise can either be ignored or dealt with. I chose to fix it with aftermarket pads. They arent that expensive, cycle gear had mine for around $25 bucks.