Goodbye bt-023, hello pilot road 4

tejkowskit

Gold Member
Reaction score
Visit site
About a year and a half ago I got a set of bridgestone bt023 tires. They were a huge improvement over the stock Dunlop's which only gave me about 9000 miles. 15000 miles later, it was finally time for a change. The rear wore out much quicker than the front. Overall I am satisfied with these tires.

The bt023 was used for commuting, long days of highway riding, rain, cold, and some aggressive twisty riding. It never got away from me and I always felt confident in the tires. Add mentioned, I got ~15000 miles out of them. I am not a supper aggressive rider, but like to have fun.

Now I have the new pr4's from Michelin. Initial impressions: they don't turn in as quickly as the bt023's did when initiating a turn, but they do seem to hold a line better. They are a very smooth ride. I am excited to see how they are in the rain with their fancy siping! I'm hoping they will provide me more miles than the bt023 as Michelin claims 20% loner tread life than the pilot road 3 (which is comparable to the bt023)

I'll report back at the end of these tires life!

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, 15,000 miles is pretty good.

DELETED: Hmmm, so will you be reporting back in a few months or in a few years? ;))

Last edited:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hopefully I will report back in a few years!

Lefty has thread in here about the 023. We're running those out back and S20's up front. I shoulda measured the tread depth new, but dang, 15,000! Wow!

Keep us posted! Tks

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm planning to get Michelin Road's next just haven't decided if I want 4's or 2's. I only put about 4,000 miles/year on the FZ6 because I have a cruiser for trips and the Road 4's might dry rot before I wear them out! :thumbup:

tejkowskit

Gold Member
Reaction score
Visit site
update: rode 1070 miles on the new pr4's these past 3 days and they are great. ~680 miles of super slab, the rest was semi aggressive riding in the Ozarks. What I said previously about them holding a line remains true. They are smooth riding and provide good road feedback. Was always confident even in the rain. Showing no signs of wear ( better not be yet)

A guy at a gas station I talked to on a super tenere had pr3's with 10,000 miles on them and still had a LOT of tread. If Michelins claims of 20% longer life is true, I'll hopefully see 20,000 out of mine.

I'm planning to get Michelin Road's next just haven't decided if I want 4's or 2's. I only put about 4,000 miles/year on the FZ6 because I have a cruiser for trips and the Road 4's might dry rot before I wear them out! :thumbup:
Haha ya the 4's might last TOO long!