GoPro during BRC?

thatguymike

Reaction score
Visit site
I was thinking of ordering a GoPro/Drift to record my GF and I during BRC this weekend. Any idea if this is allowed? I'm in CT. I'll also have my own helmet if which I'm sure is a plus.

Thanks,
mike

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I would not have any problems with you running GoPro during my class. Especially if it's mounted on your own helmet.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I would guess at the very least, everyone in the class would have to agree to be recorded, including the RC's. I'm sure each site will have different rules. If you were just a spectator watching and filming from an adjacent area I'm guessing that there is nothing that anyone can do.

I did have a 16 year old take the class and his mother asked me whether she could take some photos of her son and I allowed it and I also mentioned that my good side was my rightside:Flash:.

thatguymike

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the replies guys. I have the classroom portion tonight so I'll ask then to make sure. And if I record I'll def post it up.

Any preferences on an actioncam. I was leaning towards the Hero 3+ black or a Ghost Drift-S.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
FYI...not all RC's will do this, but I try to. If I see that there are couples, whether it's GF/BF or married couples, I will try to split them up out on the range. Meaning that don't expect to be right next or behind her out on the range expecting to get a great shot or video if they allow it. I don't want these riders to worry about how the other half are doing, they almost become a distraction to each other. I want each rider to focus on themselves and the coach.

I like the time lapse stills feature on the Go Pro too, rather than having video only.

Here's a picture from one of my greatest achievement as a RC. I had managed a local motorcycle forum/club back in Las Vegas to take a ERC/BRC-2. But I managed to arrange it as a special private class, it was not open to the public. There were one or two who were riding without an endorsement so this allowed these riders to participate in a club function and earn a M endorsement at the same time.

P1010269.jpg

P1010279.jpg

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
There were one or two who were riding without an endorsement so this allowed these riders to participate in a club function and earn a M endorsement at the same time.

I wish my school allowed this. Even though MSF manual says successful completion of BRC2 and skills test qualifies student for MOST waiver, our school does not offer it. We don't do the skills eval at the end of BRC2.