Slip on exhaust

ddlcobos

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum so I'll first say thank you for having me! I'm a fairly new rider and have a 2007 fz6. My first own bike and I love it this far! I've been looking at upgrading my exhaust recently but all the new slip ons are extremely expensive...I was wondering if anyone had slip ons they are trying to sell. I'm mostly looking at akrapovic but if you're trying to sell another brand feel free to answer this post or send me a message! Thanks!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum so I'll first say thank you for having me! I'm a fairly new rider and have a 2007 fz6. My first own bike and I love it this far! I've been looking at upgrading my exhaust recently but all the new slip ons are extremely expensive...I was wondering if anyone had slip ons they are trying to sell. I'm mostly looking at akrapovic but if you're trying to sell another brand feel free to answer this post or send me a message! Thanks!

Welcome aboard! You should probably put this in the wanted section: http://www.600riders.com/forum/bikes-parts-wanted/

but have you looked into Delkevic? Great looking and sounding pipe for a lot less than just about anything else.

Mini 8" Stainless Steel Muffler Exhaust Silencer Slip on Yamaha FZ6 2004 2010 | eBay

Here's a thread with links to videos with sound: http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-...1967-delkevic-exhaust.html?highlight=delkevic

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome aboard!!! :welcome:

Something to consider when shopping, most aftermarket pipes require re-packing after x # of miles.

Scorpion mufflers, do NOT. (And yes, I am biased towards them!):thumbup:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I dont believe it ! Erci recommended Delkevic :eek:

LOL... hey.. I never bashed them. Sure mine exploded, but it was carbon fiber. I want to believe non-carbon will hold up better and if you repack them often enough, they should be fine. :thumbup:

Of course if the cost of initial investment was less of an issue, I'd recommend Scorpion.. not only does it not need re-packing, it also comes with a lifetime warranty to original owner.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: ddlcobos... you will find a lot of help here! :thumbup:

TownsendsFJR1300,
where's the best (cheapest) place to buy Scorpion?

I bought mine new, years ago for about $500 from a local, NON-dealership.

At the time, I never heard of Scorpions and was referred to them by the owner and mechainic (of the above shop) I had known for years. I would probably do an on-line search if buying new. The Main Scorpion web site should have a list of dealers as well.

They do come up here used, some really nice sets, for $350-400 roughly.. But they (also the other brands as well) also sell VERY QUICKLY.. IE: http://www.600riders.com/forum/bikes-parts-for-sale/52352-scorpions-power-commander-iii.html

The older style (which I prefer and don't have) have actual tips sticking out the rear. The newer pipes, (like most other brands), have a smooth, usually angled end. The below pic's are mine.

There is another brand, (forgot the name) that have four slightly smaller pipes exiting the bike that, IMO, look so frigging cool, and quite expensive and fairly rare, I wouldn't mind having..

Last edited:

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
There is another brand, (forgot the name) that have four slightly smaller pipes exiting the bike that, IMO, look so frigging cool, and quite expensive and fairly rare, I wouldn't mind having..

I think you may be thinking of the Laser Quads, yes , very cool pipes :thumbup:

Last edited:

beatle

Reaction score
Visit site
Another vote for Scorpions. I have a set I got used (just like Townsends) and I love them. I'm also a fan of the Laser Quads, but I think the Scorpions sound better.

If you buy a good aftermarket exhaust they hold their value pretty well, so consider that in budgeting for your purchase. You can recoup a good portion of your investment when you go to sell them even if you buy new.