Scorpion Exhaust Install on 2006 Yamaha FZ6

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Also Check out this YouTube link

Check out this YouTube link of a guy who filmed his bike pre-install with the stock exhaust and post-install with the Scorpion exhaust

[nomedia]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEueoXlbAAQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEueoXlbAAQ[/FON[/nomedia]

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
My 06' had scorpion exhaust on it before it got wrecked. The video does the sound no justice, you gotta hear it in person.:rockon:

I bought an 07' with my insurance check, now im just waiting for some cash to go buy a power commander and exhaust.

gmickey2001

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Scorpion claims you don't need to change anything (re-jet or re-map) as others do. I must say that my bike does run and idle a little different. Or maybe I just couldn't hear the bike before like I can now.

What do you think about this?

Has anybody with Scorpions made any changes to the fuel injection after the pipes?

I agree with you. The sound exceeded all my expectations. When I go full throttle in the power band - the sound makes me feel like I am riding a badass super-bike!

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
Scorpion claims you don't need to change anything (re-jet or re-map) as others do. I must say that my bike does run and idle a little different. Or maybe I just couldn't hear the bike before like I can now.

What do you think about this?

Has anybody with Scorpions made any changes to the fuel injection after the pipes?

I agree with you. The sound exceeded all my expectations. When I go full throttle in the power band - the sound makes me feel like I am riding a badass super-bike!

When i installed mine i had to put a powercommander on it. My idle seemed a bit off so i took it down to the local dealer and they put it on the dyno. Turns out it needs to be running a little rich for the scorpion. I dont if all are like this, just my experience on mine. I will say that after i put on the exhaust I went One down on the front and 2 up on the rear sproket. Then added a powercommander and the air box mod. I took it to the dyno and had the guy make the map just right on it. My bike would float the front tire until right before i shifted into 3rd. It would wheelie like crazy in first.:thumbup:

boliviasi

Reaction score
Visit site
i have scorpion. 10k milles on them and still good.. but i still dont know why the right pipe gets really black and the other looks clean...

gmickey2001

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Someone posted somewhere on another thread that because of the shape of the split in the pipe, one can gets more exhaust pressure than the other. I have noticed this also.

He said that the factory said it was normal. Maybe this has something to do with a difference in discoloration?

I have not noticed a discoloration, but I have only had mine on a couple of weeks.

boliviasi - Do you mean black on the outside or on the inside?

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
Same thing happened

The same thing happened to mine. One can was always darker on the inside of the opening. I would just spray a little cleaner in there and it would wipe clean. Just dont let it build up too much or else it wont look as good when you clean it. I cleaned mine out about every 1000 miles, or once a month, which is about how much i cleaned it anyway.