michelin pilot power

coryjage13

Reaction score
Visit site
any body running the Michelin pilot power tires? if so how do you like them. im looking for good tires for up in the hills lots of corners

rumblestrip

Coffee Drinker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm sure there are people more qualified to answer, but I've been happy with mine....about 4k on them at this point. They're still in good shape, so you can probably guess that most of my riding is commuting, with an occasional ride out into the country.

bdevries

Reaction score
Visit site
Everyone is happy with new tires because ANY new tire is better than the old beaten tire it replaced;)

Check out some real reviews by professionals to get an accurate answer because the problem with people rating tires is that it's always biased.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Everyone is happy with new tires because ANY new tire is better than the old beaten tire it replaced;)

Check out some real reviews by professionals to get an accurate answer because the problem with people rating tires is that it's always biased.

Agree.. any new tire will feel amazing after an old / dry / squared off one. However, those here who have gone through many sets of tires can provide pretty good reviews. Average tire life is also something which can be found here.. pros will often leave that out.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
What they said.

But, I have Michelin Pilot Power 2CT's on now and they are going on 5,500 miles and I ride almost all twisty roads and these are going to last as long as the original hard BT021's while gripping in the corners better than any I've tried in 21K miles. :thumbup:

bdevries

Reaction score
Visit site
However, those here who have gone through many sets of tires can provide pretty good reviews.

I partially agree with that;)

After putting 10k on a tire and then putting a new one on, you would have to be able to remember exactly how the previous tire felt 10k miles ago, and I'm not sure many people here could do that as the tire slowly wears so you kind of get used to it. I guess if you're swapping tires once or twice a year you could have a pretty good idea.. but..for me and my car.. I've put 3 sets on and have been unable to compare them because the time span between the change has been too far AND my driving skills may have improved over that time making the new tire feel better(I hope it's improved haha!)

second thought.. I suppose if you tear up tires on the track and use a few different ones per season you could have a pretty good idea (assuming you're a consistent riding and not someone new who would make progress with skills and assume it's the new tire)