PC3 tune and map test

blackride

Reaction score
Visit site
So many members that talk about the powercomander that i decide to buy.
So i mount the pc3 and try the maps that pc website give to you.
the bike is a FZ6 S2 2009 with leovince evo 2 carbon + stock air filter
the dyno with the stock bike 97.3cv
1º dyno - without pc3 102.9cv
2º dyno - with stock map 101cv
3º - with leo vince map 99 cv/98cv/97cv (diferents types of maps for leovince)

I have a question the pc3 only can reprograme the fuel? because "i" try to chang the ignition values but the map only shows zeros.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The PClll can only program fuel. If you have a dyno why not have the bike tuned? You will need to know air to fuel ratio as you tune to keep a healthy engine. You can also upload different maps from Dynojet that may have a similar setup as your bike. The best would be a custom tune by a reputable tuner. :)

blackride

Reaction score
Visit site
The PClll can only program fuel. If you have a dyno why not have the bike tuned? You will need to know air to fuel ratio as you tune to keep a healthy engine. You can also upload different maps from Dynojet that may have a similar setup as your bike. The best would be a custom tune by a reputable tuner. :)

the air to fuel ratio i will know with a "lambda machine". I already try the maps for my setup from the dynojet website, but i lose hp.

With the pc5 can i program the ignition?(just to know)

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If you can actually get control of the ignition advance (w/this and our application FZ6), be very careful as you can easily blow the top off the piston if you get to carried away.
--> Bang per buck, advancing the spark timing has rewards! But you need to take baby steps and plan on running higher grade fuel to get the most from it. Hence the need for a real tune. The downside is too many dyno a bike for WOT throttle which isn't the best curve for actually riding the bike through all conditions.

Keep us updated please! :thumbup:

expatmanxman

Reaction score
Visit site
Do you have a full leo vince or just the cans. If just the cans there is an oxygen sensor still in the exhaust, will this make a difference?

I am not sure if you have to bypass the oxygen sensor.

expatmanxman

Reaction score
Visit site
I sent the sensor question to dynojet, this is their reply

I have discussed the matter with our technician.

An 02 eliminator is not required, just disconnect it as per the install guide.

I take it that means you have to disconnect the sensor, I will have to look at the install guide (hopefully available for download) to see if the connector has to be shorted across or just left open.

Might be a reason your PC3 hasn't made an improvement, last time I put one on an FZ6 (admittedly not an S2 model) the thing went like a rocket.

expatmanxman

Reaction score
Visit site
So I now have an install guide, Dynojet told me to disconnect the O2 sensor as per the guide. Guess what, the install guide doesn't say anything about the O2 sensor, have asked them to clarify.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So I now have an install guide, Dynojet told me to disconnect the O2 sensor as per the guide. Guess what, the install guide doesn't say anything about the O2 sensor, have asked them to clarify.

The 04 through 06 FZ6 did not have the O2 sensor so maybe the documentation was originally written for the S1 series and they never edited the documentation for the S2 version?

expatmanxman

Reaction score
Visit site
Could be right with that one, as you say the older one didn't have the O2 sensor. I never got round to fitting the PC to my second FZ6 (an S2) so have only just come upon the problem.

When I get an answer from the Dynojet technician I'll post for anyone else's future reference.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I recall reading posts saying it had to be unplugged for the duration otherwise the ECM would try and compensate. :confused:

It would be nice to see a solid answer on this. Tks

blackride

Reaction score
Visit site
If you can actually get control of the ignition advance (w/this and our application FZ6), be very careful as you can easily blow the top off the piston if you get to carried away.
--> Bang per buck, advancing the spark timing has rewards! But you need to take baby steps and plan on running higher grade fuel to get the most from it. Hence the need for a real tune. The downside is too many dyno a bike for WOT throttle which isn't the best curve for actually riding the bike through all conditions.

Keep us updated please! :thumbup:

i'm gonna explain me per points because i'm portuguese and i don't write english since the university ehehe.

-I'm trying to compreend the tune of the pc3 and the diferents maps in the dynojet site.
- I have a friend, which is one of the best mechanical in Portugal (in 2 strokes), helping me to tune the pc3. offcouse it is easier to pay him and its done. But since i have the possibility to learn excelent.
-Here gasoline have 95oc and 98oc
-i refer the ignition because of the loss of horsepower form 5k to +/-6.500k.
-Regular maps (dynojet maps) increase 3/4hp at 5k but after that it losses hp.

expatmanxman

Reaction score
Visit site

blackride

Reaction score
Visit site

expatmanxman

Reaction score
Visit site
Blackride, were you looking at the install guide I linked or were you looking at the PC3 guide. The PC 3 one doesn't mention it, the PC 5 version I linked to has unplug O2 sensor as step 5. Haven't got round to doing mine yet but when I do I will post results.

expatmanxman

Reaction score
Visit site
Have fitted PCIII, unplugged lead for oxygen sensor as instructed and it all works. Thing takes off like a ba++ard at the top end but a bit fluffy low down, going to try a few different maps as Dynojet don't haveone for my pipes (Remus).
I'm a bit disappointed by the on/off throttle glitch, I seem to remember the last time a did this a ew years ago it improved significantly, not with this one,still as bad as ever.
Anyone got any ideas about how to smooth it out?