I JET'S FZ6 Cup Bike..Freshly Painted & Stickered. (Pic Heavy)

I JET

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I just finished a new paint job on the race bike so i've decided to share some photos as I'm quite pleased with the results. There is still a few things left to do like finish the number board for the front and glue the foam seat on. oh and I still need a tank pad

KOi4GjB.png

i6orN1g.jpg

6qHFCOK.jpg

BhEEWJi.jpg

1FfKcsV.jpg

RhAzF1s.jpg

rj8ss8n.jpg

wEwCTPn.jpg

The Belly Pan: I made this out of some left over lower fairings off my BMW S1000RR. I tried to sell the fairings on ebay but they aren't worth much as everyone replaces them with a carbon fibre belly pan so I thought hey, this could work on the fz6........and I'm pretty happy with how it looks.

Xc67Dzd.jpg

1lnEDxv.jpg

4Ab6d2k.jpg

Rear Sets

12xh9Ng.jpg

Shark Fin

8YqrTBN.jpg

Steering Damper & Fuel Cap:

sEOrmlx.jpg

hHOa8oJ.jpg

Engine Slider I had machined up:
ru1oBnX.jpg

Frame Sliders: I turned these down on the lathe to about half the length. Dont want these to be hanging out too much.

JTKDN4x.jpg

The Tail Piece:

ZuVuBtn.jpg

i1gLHbk.jpg

Infill Panels: I made these little infill panels so i have a little more surface area for sponsor stickers

xTNJKXg.jpg

Some Carbon Vinyl Wrap Bling on the front end: I did this mainly to hide the badly scratched and broken speedo cover

0wtS4R7.jpg

And finally Under the Seat:

ALIAErT.jpg

8RHkQFR.jpg

vG9JOTN.jpg

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks great. That belly pan is the best one i've ever seen. How did you convert it, was it easy ?

Did yu use this lower fairing?

images

Black yellow tank looks very nice. Rims would be better in black i think.
What is that box with wiring under the seat?

I JET

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks great. That belly pan is the best one i've ever seen. How did you convert it, was it easy ?

Lower fairing started off as two separate pieces. I made the center section out of sheet metal and then trimmed the side fairings down a bit to suit the fz6. It would probably be easier to convert an aftermarket one like the one that you had pictured as it is already in one piece.

BMW_S1000RR_45557.jpg

vhLrzQl.jpg

h40I219.jpg

GKKn8wF.jpg

AMFvILW.jpg

2e6Myv1.jpg

QmBR9ot.jpg

RjmQHni.jpg

2e6Myv1

I know what you're saying about the wheels, I wouldn't of done it to my road bike, but its a race bike and I wanted it to stand out.

The big box is the seat post for the fiberglass tail piece. The wiring you see there is the tip over sensor and part of the stock relay / fuse stuff. Was just a neat enough place to secure it.

Last edited:

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice!

I have been wanting to instal the same shark fin, how did you instal it?

Did you tap the holes or did you use a rivet nut? Can it be done without removing the swing arm?

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for sharing! Looks Great!

A couple questions on the technical side:
What are you running for fuel management (under the seat big box)?
Stock forks, you running emulators or what can share about the suspension on both ends?
Brakes - how do they hold up and what pads are you running?​

Lastly - if you ever run into engine temperature issues - the block is ported for an oil cooler. Its the pipe on the front coming out of the block, making a 180 degree loop and going back in. You could fit it with an oil cooler from another bike and shed some more BTU's...

Have fun and be safe going forward.

I JET

Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice!

I have been wanting to instal the same shark fin, how did you instal it?

Did you tap the holes or did you use a rivet nut? Can it be done without removing the swing arm?

Drill and Tap the holes on the underside of the swingarm. No need to remove it. Just get it up on the centre stand or just on a front wheel stand. Take your time marking out the wholes, double check before you start drilling.

I JET

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for sharing! Looks Great!

Thanks mate, as for your questions
What are you running for fuel management (under the seat big box)?
Just running the stock ecu and tune at the moment. I will be doing the R6 cam swap later in the year. When I do the cams I will change over to R6 Headers, install PCV and get it Dyno tuned to suit. I'm also making a RAM air intake for the stock air box. I have removed all the AIS crap from under there and plan to change to a smaller battery and relocate to under seat. I've read through a few of your threads about ignition timing, very interested. I will look into this further when i get closer to swapping out the cams.

Stock forks, you running emulators or what can share about the suspension on both ends?
Stock forks on the front with upgraded ohlins springs and valving to improve rebound. I will upgrade to R6 forks in the future to give adjust-ability. I won't be going upside down forks, just conventional ones from the 03/04 R6.
Rear has a complete Ohlins YA-402 with remote reservoir, with preload, compression and rebound damping adjustable. Eibach spring fitted to suit my weight.

Brakes - how do they hold up and what pads are you running?
Braided lines on the front, I cant remember what pads I put in the front last time, I remember they were pretty decent ones. I'll have a look tonight after work. They hold up very well. They cop a lot of abuse out on the track and I have never had an issue with them. I may upgrade to R1 rotors down the track if I get bored and want to keep modding it.​

Thanks for your note about adding the oil cooler. I wasn't aware it had the porting there for one. I will look into this as well before summer comes around again.

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
There already is an oil cooler, it is the round thingie on the left of this picture with a safety wire running through it!

ru1oBnX.jpg

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
There already is an oil cooler, it is the round thingie on the left of this picture with a safety wire running through it!

ru1oBnX.jpg

Yes, I am aware it has a water to oil heat exchanger. At best it can equalize the two. Great when its cold, not so good when the water temp is maxed out. Hence the need for separate air to oil coolers on other bikes.

So what is the box under the seat if its running stock ECU?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome looking bike! I also like the color scheme!
What is the larger box that the tilt switch, fuse block and air valve are mounted to? Looks very unfamiliar to me. :)

I JET

Reaction score
Visit site
What is the larger box that the tilt switch, fuse block and air valve are mounted to? Looks very unfamiliar to me. :)

Its for my ass!!!!! :D.....Its a seat post for the fiber glass tail section. It is what you actually sit on. If you refer to the photos of the tail piece you will see two small bolts sticking up where the foam seat pad goes, they bolt to this piece.

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
What did you use for the wheels? I'm thinking of doing something similar using plasti dip on mine and was just wondering how you made it work.

Thanks!

rtw

Reaction score
Visit site
This looks great! I like the rims. How hard is it to paint those? Did you strip them first or did you just clean them up and paint over top of what was there?

Thanks.

RTW

I JET

Reaction score
Visit site
What did you use for the wheels? I'm thinking of doing something similar using plasti dip on mine and was just wondering how you made it work.

This looks great! I like the rims. How hard is it to paint those? Did you strip them first or did you just clean them up and paint over top of what was there?
RTW

The wheels and the stripe on top were done with blaze yellow plasti dip pressure pack cans. I stripped everything off the rims (tires, discs, sprocket carrier) and gave them a really good degrease/clean. Than prepped the surface with some wax and grease remover. If I were doing the wheels on my road bike I would have sanded back the rims first. The finish on the rims is OK but not great. You cant tell from a few feet away but if you go right up close you can see what i'm talking about. I also used the plastidip glossifier on the rims because it makes them a lot easier to keep clean. The finish on the stripe on the tank and tail piece however is really good as those items had just been stripped back and painted.​

I will wait and see how the plastidipped wheels hold up after some track time and a few tire changes. If all is good I will leave it, if it starts to look a bit shabby I will strip them back and paint them properly.​

Hope this helps.​

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
The wheels and the stripe on top were done with blaze yellow plasti dip pressure pack cans. I stripped everything off the rims (tires, discs, sprocket carrier) and gave them a really good degrease/clean. Than prepped the surface with some wax and grease remover. If I were doing the wheels on my road bike I would have sanded back the rims first. The finish on the rims is OK but not great. You cant tell from a few feet away but if you go right up close you can see what i'm talking about. I also used the plastidip glossifier on the rims because it makes them a lot easier to keep clean. The finish on the stripe on the tank and tail piece however is really good as those items had just been stripped back and painted.​

I will wait and see how the plastidipped wheels hold up after some track time and a few tire changes. If all is good I will leave it, if it starts to look a bit shabby I will strip them back and paint them properly.​

Hope this helps.​

Absolutely! I actually just purchased a tire kit of the daytona yellow full spectrum plasti dip. (supposed to be just like blaze yellow, but won't fade over time and doesn't need coats of white underneath.) Working on getting the wheels off tonight and cleaning them up good tonight and tomorrow so I can paint her and have her ready by the weekend. Looks great!!! Thanks!