Just like everything else when you ride...dogs hate you!

IMPY03

Reaction score
Visit site
First day that it was nice enough to ride my new to me FZ6 to work and wouldn't you know it, my motorcycle skills were tested twice!

I left my home and traveled a total distance of 200 feet and had a hound dog chase me from a neighbors house and almost intercept my front tire. I braked hard then accelerated swiftly past the beast. Then about 10 milles down the highway I was approaching an intersection that just happend to have a state man pulled over with his blue lights on (I have no idea why, maybe he was just finishing up a traffic stop) so I reduced my speed a bit and just before I entered the intersection, a vehicle turns left from the opposing two lanes followed by a slowly chasing large dog to which I had to brake and swerve to avoid.

needless to say it got the juices pumping early this morning!

IMPY03

Reaction score
Visit site
Haha wow, glad you're alright.

I'm at work now and was please to be able to take the bike today. It feels great out

Thanks

I was told by my MSF instructor about how dogs like to chase motorcycles and can get riders into trouble if you are not careful. It is like they have this sense of knowing the exact angle to run at to intercept your bike/car.

JeffSez59

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks

I was told by my MSF instructor about how dogs like to chase motorcycles and can get riders into trouble if you are not careful. It is like they have this sense of knowing the exact angle to run at to intercept your bike/car.

Yeah I heard it's best to accelerate hard to throw off the timing of their intercept in their mind and never to try and kick the animal. A quick maneuver and some throttle should be enough to stifle the most dedicated motorcycle eating beasts that attack us lowly unsuspecting riders :p and a decent blip of the throttle ( well atleast with an aftermarket exhaust.. without db killers.) will sometimes send your attackers running away tail between their legs ;) but in all seriousness glad nothing happened, had a deer jump out in front of me the other day and it can deff get the blood pumping!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks

Yes, all dogs are hunters, they triangulate based on your speed and distance, in other words they are very good at geometry, something I never excelled at in school. This is why you should always slow down, let them do their calculations and then accelerate to disrupt their timing.

For entertainment purposes, you can watch Judge Judy.

http://www.ktvb.com/news/local/Boise-motorcyclists-win-case-on-Judge-Judy-240673101.html

Last edited: