Dual Stubby Mufflers?

joey.logue

Reaction score
Visit site
I am considering putting dual stubby mufflers and a Y-pipe under the tail of the FZ6. I was just wondering if anyone has done this before and if it will work. I cannot find any threads where this is mentioned and am curious why no one has done it. The concept seems pretty simple and inexpensive.

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
There have been quite a few custom mufflers made for this bike by people on this forum....just have to dig abit

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I suspect, depending on the design, they'd be way too loud.

I suppose if you made the OD exits smaller would make up for it but the tone likely wouldn't be as deep.

I love my open Scorps but shortening them up, IMO, would be too loud. My pipes don't stick out to speak of.

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
There's really not much space to put a Y pipe in under the seat - so you'll have to do more of an H shaped y pipe, remove the under seat storage, or be creative - I've done some looking into it - instead I went ghetto and did a single 14'' glasspack hidden up under there. It's a good volume, but it's pretty raspy. Now that I have a welder available to me - I may be a bit more creative with exhaust, but yeah, I like the idea of a couple of stubbies under there with baffles stuck in the end to effectively lengthen the tubes.

joey.logue

Reaction score
Visit site
I need to do some measuring to see how much room I would have under there for the Y pipe. I could easily do away with the underseat storage, as I use my tank bag for most things. I already keep my tool kit in my tank bank.

As for how loud they would be, they also make a double baffled version that I considered.