Delkevic Exhaust

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
They look great, Mick!
A word of caution though: I had carbon Delk on FZ1, and it exploded after just shy of 2 years / 12k miles. Packing material disintegrated. I would recommend repacking these every 8k miles, to be on the safe side.

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
They look great, Mick!
A word of caution though: I had carbon Delk on FZ1, and it exploded after just shy of 2 years / 12k miles. Packing material disintegrated. I would recommend repacking these every 8k miles, to be on the safe side.

I read that thread mate, I searched all over the inter webs before I bought them and could find nothing like that on the SS ones. But thanks for the heads up :thumbup:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I read that thread mate, I searched all over the inter webs before I bought them and could find nothing like that on the SS ones. But thanks for the heads up :thumbup:

Yeah, I'm guessing SS won't actually blow out like mine did, but I can only assume packing material is about the same.. meaning if you get to 12k without repacking, there won't be much of it left. I suppose that will just translate to more noise and possibly hotter cans?

Cortez

Reaction score
Visit site
A few people had those on a few different bikes, they're cheap because they're
not street legal (at least not here), and don't last very long.

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I dont think any aftermarket pipes are street legal in Oz, not sure though.
I did a lot of searching before I bought them and could find no info about them not lasting very long except for Erci's thread, but his was CF.
Any links you have would be appreciated :thumbup:

Cortez

Reaction score
Visit site
Any links you have would be appreciated :thumbup:

Sorry man, these were actual people I met, not online folks.

I worked in the bike industry last 2 years visiting most of the Croatian
bike dealerships (wholesale stuff) and heard this a few times. I was asking
around if there's anything cheaper then a Leo or Akrapovic but rather good,
and was told to avoid Delk at least 3 times, but they're not street legal here
so it wouldn't be any good for me since cops here check you on the road and
you'll be riding for a day or two before you're screwed.

I didn't ask which version of it tho, could be the carbons.
:confused:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the info, will keep an eye out for any probs. I will be the Guinea Pig.

FWIW mate, I've only ever heard good things about them :thumbup: All CF cans require repacking eventually , thats the reason I like my SS cans :)

And I agree Mick, shortening up the Y pipe a little would tidy it up nicely :rockon: :rockon:

RodneyBR

Reaction score
Visit site
I installed them on my previous bike (VFR800), they looked and sounded amazing :)

CAM00176.jpg

luke4224

Reaction score
Visit site
Just finished installing my Delks , highly polished stainless and slash cut ends. Got these for an awesome price, $480 shipped.
Look and sound awesome.

Cans look good mate. Have you looked at the y-pipe yet? Really interested to see how much screwing around it will take to get them to sit back a bit.

Also where did you get them from? I've found d them for $520 on eBay from an Aussie distributer.

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, looks like the only way to get them to sit back a bit is cut an inch or so off each leg of the y pipe.

That's the same seller, price went up the week after I bought mine.

04FZSick

Reaction score
Visit site
I pulled the trigger on the SS delkavics aswell for my 05 fz6 and installed them lastnight. Fitment wasnt too bad. The exhaust clamp for the pipes themselves are somewhat cheap material and do not tighten very well. I would say these sounds similar to my two brothers exhaust with the delkavic baffles in. This is a loud exhaust even with the baffles so we will see how long I can handle it. I installed mine a bit differently than the op as I rotated the cans so that they resemble how the two brothers and scorpion cans sit. If the op is okay with it I will post an exhaust vid to give other fz6 owners an Idea. I would say so far these pipes are worth the money. I paid 379.00 US for these so I cant complain.

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
yes mate , they are loud so I left my baffles in too.
I agree , they are worth the money.
I have been trying to post a sound clip for a while but just havent had the time so if you can dp one that would be great :thumbup:
Pics as well .

mountaincycle

Reaction score
Visit site
Ozfazer6,
you stated you "might do is shorten the Y pipe about an inch or so and get them to sit back a bit more" did you ever shorten the pipe?

I'm also thinking about pulling the trigger on a set. however, I also would like to sit the back more.

does anyone else have any opinion?