PCIII on 2009?

TheeAntic

Reaction score
plus.google.com
Yes, I searched.

I noticed one guy who said he installed one, and his garage said he had a 2009..but I want to be completely sure before I pull the trigger on this. :thumbup:

Tax refund goes in my account tomorrow so soon comes a K&N, Leo Vince, some sort of fuel management and some pazzo shorties. :cheer:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Should be no problem. Are you going to dyno the bike? There are maps out there but to really get it close you'll want to have it tuned by a reputable tuner.:)

TheeAntic

Reaction score
plus.google.com
Honestly, I can't justify the money. Maybe sometime in the future, but for now I'll stick with a basic map. I'm sure I'll feel a huge difference after 15t, exhaust and a tune.

Edit: For anyone who's interested the website indysuperbikes.com has the PCIII for $280, the cheapest I have found yet. A price revzilla has agreed to match..if I choose to one-stop-shop it tomorrow.

Cortez

Reaction score
Visit site
Honestly, I can't justify the money. Maybe sometime in the future, but for now I'll stick with a basic map. I'm sure I'll feel a huge difference after 15t, exhaust and a tune.

Edit: For anyone who's interested the website indysuperbikes.com has the PCIII for $280, the cheapest I have found yet. A price revzilla has agreed to match..if I choose to one-stop-shop it tomorrow.

You'll sure feel the difference, when you go to the gas station.
Welcome to the GSXR/R1/CBR1k fuel consumption territory.
:D

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You're not gonna make it leaner then it already is, right?
That's why most people get the PC, to tune out the lean/flat spot in
the midrange.

Some people have used the zero map that supposedly makes no changes to the A:F ratio but does smooth out the jerky throttle response. Doesn't have to use more fuel but I agree most will slap a richer map on... In fact I'll bet most will not have the bike tuned and will use the map from another tuned bike with the same/similar components.

Cortez

Reaction score
Visit site
Some people have used the zero map that supposedly makes no changes to the A:F ratio but does smooth out the jerky throttle response. Doesn't have to use more fuel but I agree most will slap a richer map on... In fact I'll bet most will not have the bike tuned and will use the map from another tuned bike with the same/similar components.

That's the only thing that makes sense to me.
Bigger exhaust, sports air filter, and you need more fuel.

Jerky response?
Not here, but I have the stock exhaust..

ticktock

Reaction score
Visit site

I have a 2009 and a PCIII. Works great.

Also, it's been out of stock on Indysuperbikes forever, but they leave that price up. I got RevZilla to match it even though Indy was out of stock! Get in on that deal before they catch on.

Good luck.

n0other

biker wannabe
Reaction score
Visit site
I have one on my 2004 model, thinking of selling due to 20-30% increased fuel consumption - not worth it for the jerkiness fix alone IMO. And PC3 alone was ~10% of FZS 1000 (1st gen FZ1) price, if I really wanted power I'd buy a different bike instead.