Turn signal suggestions?

Atragrob

Reaction score
Visit site
Previous owner installed these. They fit well but are way too dim.

FZ6%20tail-M.jpg

I'm looking for brand & model suggestions to replace them. They measure about 2.75" total including post. Would like to keep replacements under 3.5" total at the most.

I want in this order
1) Very bright orange light
2) Well made
3) Look OK
4) Price

If you like yours please provide links or even better pictures.

Thanks.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Those look like the units that come with the Two Brothers fender eliminator with the exhaust. Although they work they are very limited.

You'll want to actually take the LED turn signal out of the package and test it before you buy it. You can spend a lot of money on bad lights so go to a place with a battery and test them before you buy them. I use a 12 or 14 volt battery from my cordless drills. Don't use an 18 volt! If you reverse the wires it won't hurt the LEDs they just won't turn on. I've included a link to an electronic type flasher that will work correctly with any combination of turn signals. This is something you can do in advance to eliminate bulky,inefficient load resistors that are typically used to emulate the load of an incandescent lamp so that the flasher relay flashes correctly.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-electrical/42693-electronic-flasher-relays-great-price.html

I have a set that I bought at a Cycle Gear store and they're nice and bright and the color is good. Here's a link: SPEEDMETAL - LED Angle Lights - Signals - Electrical - Parts - CycleGear - Cycle Gear

Last edited:

erburtt

Reaction score
Visit site
You listed price as your fourth most important thing, if you want something exceptionally well made that are very bright and in my mind quite attractive check out Rizoma Turn Signals Avio 21 Black 2 x FR021B New | eBay

I believe there is this exact set for sale on here unless they were scooped up already.

I have the knock off versions of these and while they are bright and work decently I'm thinking ill be saving up for the real thing, I'm a sucker for well built high quality things.

dschult2

Reaction score
Visit site

SlowNSteady

Reaction score
Visit site

outasight20

Reaction score
Visit site
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Llqkhr0kcGU"]Rizoma[/ame].

PS: The signals on the right I believe are the ones you currently have.

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
These came with my FE kit and I am very happy with them. I have actually swapped out my front turn signals with these as well.

2 Turn Signals Super LED Clear Lenses Black Base Universal Motorcycle Lights | eBay

When you said swapped from ones too, do they work as DRL and turn signals?
When changing the back ones only, did they required any flashers/relays or they are in sync with the front ones?

This question for you and/or others:
Can we have the front set of signals to the rear and make them work as DRL too or will they confuse the driver behind us?

Serzedo

Reaction score
www.mototurismoadois.pt.vu
On my thundercat had LED turn signals, they are awesome in visibility and reliable, you might need a rizoma resistance because Led uses less energy and the electric system may make them blink fast as if you had a turn signal not firing.

"V"

Chapin

Reaction score
Visit site
I have Oxford Eyeshot LED's on the back and front. Pretty bright. Amber light. Wired to work with my Motodynamics Integrated Tail Light. $69/pair
Screenshot_2016-05-02-04-15-58.jpg

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
When you said swapped from ones too, do they work as DRL and turn signals?
When changing the back ones only, did they required any flashers/relays or they are in sync with the front ones?

This question for you and/or others:
Can we have the front set of signals to the rear and make them work as DRL too or will they confuse the driver behind us?

Most people who swap the front LEDs from the OEM don't use the front running light signal with the LED replacement. If the front OEM stalk physically fits the rear location you could use the tail light wire to light the running light filament and then the other turn signal filament would run on the original turn signal filament. To clear up any confusion....Although the OEM front and rear stalks look the same, the bulb and socket in the front stalks are 2 filament (running light and turn signal) and the rear OEM stalk uses a single (turn signal only) filament bulb and socket.

As for the driver behind you being confused .....always consider that they are! :p

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
Most people who swap the front LEDs from the OEM don't use the front running light signal with the LED replacement. If the front OEM stalk physically fits the rear location you could use the tail light wire to light the running light filament and then the other turn signal filament would run on the original turn signal filament. To clear up any confusion....Although the OEM front and rear stalks look the same, the bulb and socket in the front stalks are 2 filament (running light and turn signal) and the rear OEM stalk uses a single (turn signal only) filament bulb and socket.

As for the driver behind you being confused .....always consider that they are! :p

Thanks,
I'm planning for these:
Honda CBR1000RR CBR1100XX CBR1000 LED Turn Signals Blinker Rear Tail Brake Light | eBay
in the pictures, they added, I can see 4 wires coming from each signal.
So, other than turn signals, which is arrow (Amber), the other color (straight line) I chose is red.
So, connect the turn signals as it is and tap the brake light for the other functionality..!
I want to do it, and do a write up here.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks,
I'm planning for these:
Honda CBR1000RR CBR1100XX CBR1000 LED Turn Signals Blinker Rear Tail Brake Light | eBay
in the pictures, they added, I can see 4 wires coming from each signal.
So, other than turn signals, which is arrow (Amber), the other color (straight line) I chose is red.
So, connect the turn signals as it is and tap the brake light for the other functionality..!
I want to do it, and do a write up here.

Those 4 wires will be 1 for the running light which will be amber LEDs. 1 for the brake light which will be the red LEDs. 1 for the directional which will be the amber arrow LEDs and one wire for the ground. (black wire?) :)

sparky338

Reaction score
Visit site
I have Oxford Eyeshot LED's on the back and front. Pretty bright. Amber light. Wired to work with my Motodynamics Integrated Tail Light. $69/pair
View attachment 65012

I agree with the Oxfords. I have a set on the rear of my bike and they are very bright. I would also recommend the AdMore LED Lightbar. It can be a pain to find a good mounting spot on a FZ6, but I just got rid of the reflector on the back and maybe drilled a few holes.