Killer deal on New York Safety Track (groupon)

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I wish I could take advantage....but can't this year.......soon......

shannim

Reaction score
Visit site
I did a track weekend with the Fishtail Riding School of NH at NYST last summer and had a blast. It was my first ever track experience. Thanks for posting this, Erci! I just purchased a 2-day pack.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I did a track weekend with the Fishtail Riding School of NH at NYST last summer and had a blast. It was my first ever track experience. Thanks for posting this, Erci! I just purchased a 2-day pack.

Excellent! Be sure to post here when you know which day(s) you'll be going. Always more fun with good company :thumbup:

shannim

Reaction score
Visit site
Excellent! Be sure to post here when you know which day(s) you'll be going. Always more fun with good company :thumbup:

Will definitely do so. My friend from VT (who I did the first track weekend with) also got in on the deal and I just sent it to some coworker friends.

shannim

Reaction score
Visit site
Just signed up! i hope they got a groupon in the new track in Connecticut

Is that Thompson? Fishtail Riding School has a few events going on there. Motorcycle Track Days and Riding Skills - Fishtail Riding School

I was really impressed with how they ran their show at NYST last summer. I highly suggest learning from those guys. Too bad they aren't coming back to NYST this year. I may end up doing an event at Thompson as well, but it's much farther away from me (and I have no trailer). NYST is only about an hour or so from me, so it's not as big of a deal.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ERCI, do you know if gear / bike rental is possible ?

Sorry, no idea if their own program makes gear / bikes available. Several other schools do track days at the same place and most offer leathers / bikes.. it just won't be as great of a deal.

seacliff

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry, no idea if their own program makes gear / bikes available. Several other schools do track days at the same place and most offer leathers / bikes.. it just won't be as great of a deal.

I might had considered the 5h drive if they would also rent gear and bike. I never tried any track day yet and don't own a full leather yet.

shannim

Reaction score
Visit site
Checkout NYST's website for gear requirements. For novices, I'm pretty sure they allow textile suits so long as the jackets and pants zip together. When I did it last summer with Fishtail, they were okay with that too (and didn't even bother to check for zippers).

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Is that Thompson? Fishtail Riding School has a few events going on there. Motorcycle Track Days and Riding Skills - Fishtail Riding School

I was really impressed with how they ran their show at NYST last summer. I highly suggest learning from those guys. Too bad they aren't coming back to NYST this year. I may end up doing an event at Thompson as well, but it's much farther away from me (and I have no trailer). NYST is only about an hour or so from me, so it's not as big of a deal.

yea its thompson. i heard they repaved/ renovated the whole track. all three tracks nyst, thompson, and njmp are roughly < 3 hrs away. Im hoping to go to all three this year.:D

shannim

Reaction score
Visit site

shannim

Reaction score
Visit site
Groupon's refund window is only 7 days after purchase. One of my friends is just outside that window but managed to get them to issue a refund by linking the news article in his request. He'll be doing one of the Thompson, CT events with Fishtail instead. That's a little far for me considering I don't have a trailer, but I could still probably pull that off.

[edit] I just submitted a refund request (I'm around 11 days after purchasing). Let's see what happens.

Last edited:

shannim

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, that was quick. I requested a refund and they issued me one in 11 minutes. Unfortunately, they refunded me in Groupon Bucks tied to my account. Since I don't live in a major metropolitan area I have very limited use of Groupon in general, so I sent them another e-mail asking them to refund my card instead (which I originally asked for). If they don't I'll dispute the charge with my credit card company.