How to lower gear ?

made_in_izmir

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
00:00 - 02:34 in this chapter we will describe the shifting on a motorcycle. This is something that forced many new brother/sister and an something they are not aware of how to do. Bad shifting eats your gearbox like eating cheese : ) It doesnt matter which brand is your moto. Now, there is something here that is different from the car, usually people who know how to use car thinks that motocycle is the same thing. It is not ! This is a sequential gearbox, ajnabih (foreigners-non Turks or non-Arab) call it like that. Namely; there is nuetral gear between first gear and second gear and continues , one, two, three , four, five, six .... and gears is constantly touch each other, whereat we can not shift to neutral position at all we want.

Usually the thing is most experienced is citizens get their first motorcycle, start off the drive, upgrade gears in a way that is very nice and then pull the clutch and downshifts gears suddenly and most likely moto piles up to forward, takes a head blow from rear passanger.

I will continue to translate... : )

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
00:00 - 02:34 in this chapter we will describe the shifting on a motorcycle. This is something that forced many new brother/sister and an something they are not aware of how to do. Bad shifting eats your gearbox like eating cheese : ) It doesnt matter which brand is your moto. Now, there is something here that is different from the car, usually people who know how to use car thinks that motocycle is the same thing. It is not ! This is a sequential gearbox, ajnabih (foreigners-non Turks or non-Arab) call it like that. Namely; there is nuetral gear between first gear and second gear and continues , one, two, three , four, five, six .... and gears is constantly touch each other, whereat we can not shift to neutral position at all we want.

Usually the thing is most experienced is citizens get their first motorcycle, start off the drive, upgrade gears in a way that is very nice and then pull the clutch and downshifts gears suddenly and most likely moto piles up to forward, takes a head blow from rear passanger.

I will continue to translate... : )

Agreed, downshifting one at at a time as you slow is best.

If riding, at say 50 MPH and you pull in the clutch and start downshifting quickly to first gear, is about the worst thing you can do to your transmission..

Downshifting, as your speed decreases is the best (for the engine/gear box) as well as for rider safety.

Bottom line, your gear box should be in the gear appropriate for the current speed. (ie: 10 MPH, 1st gear) :thumbup:

Last edited:

made_in_izmir

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
02:34-04:56 Now imagine that while you are moving in 3.gear, you're pulling the clutch lever and turn the throttle lever a little bit before you lower the gear. This is to say, if we adjust the engine speed before downshift, when creating new combinations of gears, then everything will take much more comfortable, fast and slow rotating gears in transmission dont harm each other, this means longer-lasting transmission.

Until now we have talked about the benefits of motorcycles. There are also benefits for us. Such a downshifting will provide a balanced drive before going into a bend. By the way, lets repeat, we are pulling the clutch lever, turning the gas lever a little bit and !!!! pull the front brake a little bit by using two finger. Look bro, there are four commands in the same time only for downshifting, 1) clutch lever, 2) gas lever, 3)front brake lever with two finger because of moto will release itself to forward when you pull the clutch lever, and 4) gearshift pedal. Let's look at to the practice.

made_in_izmir

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
04:56-Final : A warning, beware of ! Do not pull the brake lever suddenly and hard as harshhh, slow and sweet, thus please watch our other video about how to break on moto, how to use front break and rear break. Also sometimes you will hear about "quickshifter", someone say there are quickshifter on my moto bro, for shifting without clutch. If you have a good gas hand, then you can combine with your left foot. For example while you are accelerating with 4. gear, for an instant turn off gas and pull up gear, it will goes "click", easily, but do not try it to lower gear ! if you do, probably transmission will be broken. I had tried for two times and I'm warning you, I learned it by experience and you learn by me. I have learned by expensive way, you learn by cheap way. Yes I said "quichshifter" , it makes that electronically, it closes the ignition for a very short period when my foot touch to the gearshift pedal, and you can easily increase the gear. If you ask me why you need a quickshifter, if you are a racer and want to take off so quick, then you can use one, increase the gear click click click! without clutch.

in a nutshell; shift down is a technical job, we use the clutch, gas lever, front break, gearshift pedal. So we prepare the engine speed for the gear and so 1) we're getting rid of an head blow. 2) we dont damage the transmission parts, espeacially the crescent-shaped pieces are warped due to strain. 3) this is the most important one, we use the moto so fluently in the beginning of the bends without oscillations back and forth, we can brag to our friends about shifting something like "hey bro dont you know how to shifting ?" ..... See you again ....