Survive in the Traffic

made_in_izmir

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi , here I'm gonna share a video about use of motorcycles in traffic. This person is my favorite rider , he's so funny and knowledgeable. He mentions of the things you need to know in general and especially in Turkiye. There is an English subtitle option for the video.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h63SvjqEho]Trafikte Motosiklet (ENG Subtitle, Scooter Riding in Istanbul) - YouTube[/ame]

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I didn't see the subtitle so don't understand the language but I can see many of the problems in traffic are the same as here and many other places.

I don't lane split in traffic using the road shoulder as he did for safety reasons including picking up sharp objects in tires.

Thank you for the video! :)

made_in_izmir

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
One of my rule to survive is "watch out when u see an Audi or a BMW (specially the M series or RS series for Audi)"

pfft, generalisations! I drive a BMW and I am ALWAYS watching for bikes.

Recently we received a company security briefing and one of the comments was "be especially suspicious of motorcyclists". That might be true in Nigeria, where the author lives, but that doesn't mean that bikers the world over are out to kill or kidnap you!

HiGGz

Reaction score
Visit site
pfft, generalisations! I drive a BMW and I am ALWAYS watching for bikes.

Recently we received a company security briefing and one of the comments was "be especially suspicious of motorcyclists". That might be true in Nigeria, where the author lives, but that doesn't mean that bikers the world over are out to kill or kidnap you!

it doesn't mean they are all driving like that but unfotunetly here in europe they tend to drive like assh0les :/ so....well.... prevention is better than cure :/ (no offense dude)

made_in_izmir

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
One of my rule to survive is "watch out when u see an Audi or a BMW (specially the M series or RS series for Audi)"

Are you talking about such BMWs ? : ) please do not swear ! this is our tradition : )

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JQqJuo7Hwo]Chechen wedding tradition in Belgium. - YouTube[/ame]

Water Bear

Fireball
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Am I...am I seeing this correctly?

Do I need to get reactive armor mounted on my bike? It won't save me but it looks like there are times when the best you can do is go down well. :eek: