agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
hope you folk are all ok with the sowstorm hitting
as a complete opposite, this from our local news- this is Humpy's neck of the woods

Top Stories: Queensland heatwave: Brisbane set to roast as weekend temperatures soar

The scorching heatwave gripping much of Queensland will be felt in Brisbane tomorrow, with residents set to roast in temperatures of up to 41 degrees Celsius. Queensland's interior has been sweltering through record-breaking heat in recent days, along with parts of Central Australia and north-western New South Wales. The heatwave comes as a Bureau of Meteorology report reveals 2013 was the hottest year on record in Australia. The mass of hot air causing the extreme weather again led to searing temperatures in central and western Queensland on Friday. St George topped the temperature list with 47.2C, while Winton and Longreach also had scorchers at 46.4C and 46.3C respectively. Charleville followed on 46.1C, while Blackall, Roma and Thargomindah all recorded temperatures just above ...

Read the full story
http://abc.net.au/news/5184242

Download the ABC app:
http://abc.net.au/app

*** DISCLAIMER ***
This message was sent to you using the "Share" facility on ABC mobile apps. To make a comment about this email, contact us : http://www.abc.net.au/contact/

The ABC is not responsible for the content of this email, and anything said in this email does not necessarily reflect the ABC's views. Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail. The information contained in this email and any attachment is confidential and may contain legally privileged or copyright material. It is intended only for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you are not permitted to disseminate, distribute or copy this email or any attachments. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this email from your system. The ABC does not represent or warrant that this transmission is secure or virus free. Before opening any attachment you should check for viruses. The ABC's liability is limited to resupplying any email and attachment.

:

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner and it works every time !

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow.. 47c?!! That's NUTS!
Here in central New Jersey, it's another dud (as is most often the case). All the schools are closed.. highway signs were blasting "statewide winter storm warning". We got maybe 4" (10cm)

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yepper, your temps down below are posted up here in the states, I can't imagine!!!

A good part of the US is freezing with snow storms, fortunatly, down here, that front came thru, dropped the temps to the low 50's(F), (highs in the low 60's,F) so its just leather jacket time for riding...

Keep cool or keep warm where ever you are!!!! :thumbup:

Last edited:

erburtt

Reaction score
Visit site
I saw -24 degrees Celsius this morning on my way into work, that was on the car temp gauge so likely a couple degrees colder, that is also without the wind-chill, feeling like -35 or so according to the radio.

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
In sunny AZ, let's see, it's 70 degrees and my Tourmaster 2 piece suit is too warm to wear almost.

I do miss the snow in upstate NY. I always loved the snow days. I'd go out while everyone was in bundled up and felt like I had the town all to myself.

2nd childhood

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I feel guilty whining about being cold in 34 degree weather (although I'm still riding) when I see what y'all are having to deal with back East. My sympathies, brothers & sisters, hang in there. We're past the winter solstice and spring is on the way!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I rode a short blast today and the weather was around 73 F.
Get some tinnies and stay frosty Humps!

Hobbesca

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well we just finished a long shutdown through the holidays, it has warmed up to - 29, -35 with the windchill. Right balmy compared to the - 55 windchill temps we have been enjoying.

I need to move to Australia ...

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Well we just finished a long shutdown through the holidays, it has warmed up to - 29, -35 with the windchill. Right balmy compared to the - 55 windchill temps we have been enjoying.

I need to move to Australia ...

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My home town cracked it for 44.3c today :eek: :eek: :eek:...... That's a MASSIVE 111.74 !!!!

This was my lunch..... :)

Aw669-SCMAAw0yi.jpg

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
"Humpy...... This was my lunch..... :) "

hahahahaha love it Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner and it works every time !

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I think I know where all the heat went. I woke up to see -34°C outside with a -39°C windchill. :eek:

cold-day-in-paradise.jpg

Quit hogging all the warm air Humps! :spank:

dpaul007

Reaction score
Visit site
-20 F on my drive to work this morning. Windchill between -40 and -50. These last few weeks I've been wishing I could get on two wheels...there isn't gear anywhere in the world that would keep you warm in this cold though!

I honestly don't mind cold and snow, but this crap is uncalled for!

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok so we complain when it's too hot and complain when it's too cold?!

The fact is you CAN ride in 110F or 40C you CANNOT ride when it's well below freezing temps! :spank:

I'd trade our forecasted -10F windchills tonight for 110F any day!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I think I know where all the heat went. I woke up to see -34°C outside with a -39°C windchill. :eek:

cold-day-in-paradise.jpg

Quit hogging all the warm air Humps! :spank:

You need to come inside, have a cup O tea, and thaw out man! Lol! :rof: