116 degees

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Talk about riding in the heat! It was 116 today here in Vegas, and it was even hotter depending what part of town you were in. The news said that it can get up to 130 on the black ashpalt. I've got to get a sun shield for my helmet, the sun was so hot today that it was burning my face. It got up to 125 in Baker California, only 90 miles away. The west is currently in a major heat wave, record highs all over the place. But the bike did not overheat!

S

sportrider

last sunday when I was headed home after riding the mountains, the therometer was reading 119 in palm springs!!! so I know how it is to ride in the heat, it feels like riding into a blast furnace!!!

how many days left of summer? :Sport:

fz6xlr8r

Reaction score
Visit site
I bet when you guy's are riding it feels like somebody's got 100 hairdryers on you set on high.

You know what they say here in the South? " It's not the heat, it's the humidity that makes it feel hot." Well, maybe that's true here but it's the heat that makes it hot for you guys. LOL:)

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Actually, I will take 110 with no humidity than 90 degrees with......It's the dry heat. Yes, it is hot, but I've been in the south and the humidity is a real killer. My shirt gets soaked, and I'm not much of a sweater.

S

sportrider

I agree with Vegas totally!!! humidity sucks I spent a year in great lakes Illinois and the summers were hell. it would only be in the mid 80's and with the humidity it felt like 150

fz6xlr8r

Reaction score
Visit site
I have to say it's not been to bad here around Atlanta, high 80's, mid to low 90's and not too many of those days so far. The air's been pretty dry too. The only place I sweat is where the back protector covers my back on my air jacket. I've seen some guy's riding with full leather jackets on and you know they have to be miserable but at least they're protected. I'd rather be hot than rashed up because of a little sweat. LOL

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
Texas Heat

I live in Santa Fe which is a very small town about 5 miles west of galveston. I heard you guys talk about humidity. Today we have a high of 108 with 90% humidity. The news has told everyone to stay inside if you can because it will feel as if its around 120. But, when you have lived here all your life, stuff like this is the norm. I think this past winter our coldest day was low 40's. :D
I dont see how all you guys up north deal with the snow. Do they make tire chains for motorcycles?