RIP Canuck defenceman Luc Bourdon

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Yeah I saw this on the news last night. Harsh loss. He seemed like a talented hockey player.

I am waiting to hear the report of how his death happened. I'm pretty sure that "speed" will be the major factor. I'm actually surprised his agent, the Canucks organization and his insurance holder allowed him (being a pro hockey player) to even ride a motorcycle!! I've heard that pro playes cannot partake in "risky activities" like sky diving and sometimes skiing, etc as the risk or injury/death is too great and they are under contract with a team.

ENSU3

Reaction score
Visit site
Bourdon died in a motorcycle collision in Lamèque, New Brunswick, near his hometown of Shippagan, on May 29, 2008, when he hit a tractor-trailer after losing control of his bike and crossing the center line. Environment Canada showed winds gusting to more than 50 km/h in the area at the time of the accident. The RCMP stated that Bourdon's inexperience with motorcycles may have been a factor in the crash.

Bourdon's agent, Kent Hughes, stated that he never knew about his client's new hobby (motorcycles). "I had no idea," he explained to CKNW in Vancouver. "Another client of ours, Kris Letang, said Luc let him know he was riding his dad's motorcycle with some friends a week or two ago. I have since been told - though I don't know - that he actually bought a motorcycle two days ago". Maryse Bourdon, Luc's step-mother, said he had purchased the motorcycle about three weeks ago. Letang, Bourdon's close friend and former roommate from junior hockey, planned to buy a motorcycle after Bourdon told him about his; since the crash, he has decided against it. NHL commissioner Gary Bettman said the Detroit Red Wings and Pittsburgh Penguins will observe a moment of silence at the start of game four of the Stanley Cup Final.