Helmet noise

besier

Reaction score
Visit site
Do any of you know of a device that you can put on your helmet that closes the gap between your chin and your neck? I have noticed at highway speeds if I hold my hand up in that area the wind noise is greatly reduced...

Bren

Reaction score
Visit site
Are you thinking something like that on the pic. I don't have that my self, in my helmet (HJC AC-11) a similar piece is already build in. Sorry I can't help you with finding one, though.

fz6xlr8r

Reaction score
Visit site
Scorpion Helmets make a wind buffer piece that slides between the inside and the outer shell of the helmet and helps with wind noise. I added it onto the Scprpion EXO-700 I have and it works pretty good. I don't know what kind of helmet you have but since the piece slips between the inter and outer parts of the helmet it may work on other brands. Here's what it looks like. Hope this helped.

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
Watch out for the heat!

I have a chin piece similar to the scorpion one and i have used it once. The heat drove me crazy. When all the wind is blocked form gettin into the helmet it gets really hot. I also live in southern texas where in the summertime it averages 100 degrees.:thumbup:
If you live where its cold and not a whole lot of humidity then i say go for it.

Have fun and be safe!