HEL brake lines, which ones?

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I did a search for this but didn't feel like trolling through the more than 500 threads the search came back with.

Simple question, and I would prefer to hear from people who have actually done this:

Which is better as a replacement installation, dual lines or over the mudguard?

DeepBlueRider

Reaction score
Visit site
although there is no difference in performance dual lines are better.

Over the fender can be hard to bleed. Air will have huge tendency to be caught in highest point in the middle above fender. You can work this around removing calipers and move them around or realign one over another and bleed that way but why to hassle ?:) I've put dual lines on all my bikes although all of them came with OTF.

I don't know if ABS would work with dual lines. If not, that would be probably only case when I would go with over the fender.

Last edited:

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not too chuffed with HEL, I wrote to them round about the same time I started this thread to enquire about the VAT component of their prices and the implications for export sales, and haven't had a response.

Great customer service!

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I know when I ordered mine, the rear was a bit long (ordered thru my local shop)-I think the HEL line shop is also in Florida.

I didn't like the way it looked and they shortened it to my spec's, for free, within 2-3 days total... :thumbup:

At the time, I wasn't aware HEL had (maybe they didn't, its been awhile) had an over the fender set up. I have a Mity Vac commercial pump (hand pump), and had I known, I probably would have gotten the single line..