Motorcycle Mall, Belleville NJ

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Few days before August of 2013 ended, I negotiated a good price on a leftover 2012 Suzuki V-Strom Adventure model. This model comes standard with the aluminum panniers, touring windshield, crashbars etc.

Everything was great but I was informed that they didn't have the matching cases for the bike. They had an extra set for the DL1000 model, which obviously wouldn't fit on the DL650.

I was told that's not a big deal and that they will order it from Suzuki and I will have it withing a week.

Two weeks later I get a call that the cases arrived and I can come and picke them up. Great!

Once I came to pick them up, I was informed that they have the cases but not the actual mounting hardware that is needed to install them on the bike. In this case the mounting hardware was just 8 bolts that are screwed to the luggage racks ( which were already installed on the bike).

I am a little pissed but i take the panniers and I was told that the mounting bolts will come within 2 weeks.

Well today is Nov.1st (two months later) and I still don't have the bolts.
I have visited the dealership a few times and inquired about them. It's always the same game. They blame their Suzuki rep. "What can I do? It's not my fault, they should be here anytime now...." blah blah blah.

Everytime they promised to call me to let me know on the progress or lack of it. Nope! I had to drive 15 miles from my house just to come and see if they had the part or not.

Today I come by again to see if they have the part. Nope. Same story. It's out of their hands etc...
So i told them, give me $40 and I will order the bolts from twisted throttle and have them here within 4 days.

-Bob "Ohh no that's not how we do things"

-me- " Well, I should have everything installed the minuted I signed the dotted line on the loan and not wait two months"

- Bob " Ohh give me a second"

After few minutes Bob finds the part that I need. Unfortunately the story doesn't end there. Upon inspection, Bob, gave me the wrong part.

At this point I have had it enough with Motorcycle Mall dealership. I am not going to waste my time dealing with incompetent people. My time is more valuable.

So here's what I am going to do. I have already ordered the part that I needed from twistedthrottle.com. It costs about $40. The part that Bob gave me retails for $90. I will sell it to recuperate my costs.

I will never deal with Motorcycle Mall ever again.

sincerely,

PosterFZ6

Disgruntled ex-customer

PS- I will make sure to post this review on every motorcycle forum I am a member off. Congrats!

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know about that. But they changed the venue to a newer and bigger place.

Don't get me wrong, they have a big selection of European and Japanese bikes. Hell they even have Zero bikes.

But their customer service is really lacking.

They had two months to fix this mistake.

I mean is it really so hard for them to order the damn part from another online retailer? Suzuki isn't the only source, considering that the part is made by SW-Motech. This is a part that costs peanuts.

They are really convenient to me considering their big selection of apparel and reasonable prices on most stuff.

I worked in referral industry. Their business is based on referrals and keeping the established relationship in good standing. I gave them business by getting a new bike there. And in turn instead of nurturing our relationship they pretty much called it quits.

Bob, the parts manager, gave me a little lip that it's not his fault. Guess what it's not my fault either, but he had the power to fix it. Every week I was told that they would call me once the part comes in or at least let me know the situation. Never happened.

They could have ordered the part from some third party e-retailer and gotten me the part. Nope, so give me back the money that I already paid into the loan and I will god damn order the part myself. Nope that doesn't work either.

But they really screwed the pooch on this one.

What really bothers me is their clear lack of just no giving a sh!t.

When I was a mortgage banker I jumped through hoops, slayed dragons and conquered mountains for my clients. Even if their loans were ridiculously low I always strove to keep the relationship with the customer great.

They just couldn't care less. That's a real shame considering that I need to gear up with ADV apparel, heated gear, accessories etc. That's easy $2k they just lost.

Reviews cross posted to their FB page, Yelp, Google reviews, stromriders forum and another website I will come across from. That's the cheapest marketing they just bought.

Last edited: