MOD Ideas

cpolson.cp

Reaction score
Visit site
I wanted to see if some fellow owners/riders could help me out. I have a 2008 FZ6 and want to make some more modifcations to it. I just don't know what to do next and what's worth the money.

Here is list of what has been done:
Two Brothers Carbon Cans with P1-X inserts and fender eliminator
LED accent kit
Ebay seat cowl
LED Front Signals

I'm looking at perhaps more performance based mods...as in, perhaps loosing my CAT, going to a high performance air filter, or a Juice Box Pro, or PC III...even possibly changing the sprockets and chain. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Last edited:

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
Fz1 bars
Short, folding, adjustable levers
Frame sliders
Dual headlights mod
Tires
Loud horn
Stainless steel lines
Clutch slave
Remove all stickers
Polish headers
12v power
fuse box
Heated grips

Just some things to get you started.:thumbup:

cpolson.cp

Reaction score
Visit site
Fz1 bars
Frame sliders
Dual headlights mod
Tires
Loud horn
Stainless steel lines
Clutch slave
Remove all stickers
Polish headers
12v power
fuse box
Heated grips

Thanks for the input, I forgot to also list shorty levers and rizoma grips as stuff I had already done.

Is there anyone else in the forum who can make the clutch slave? KN has stopped, and I have an extra set of the parts to get customized.

Flat_FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Fz1 bars
Frame sliders
Dual headlights mod
Tires
Loud horn
Stainless steel lines
Clutch slave
Remove all stickers
Polish headers
12v power
fuse box
Heated grips

What do you mean by 12 volt power?

aclayonb

Reaction score
Visit site
Spencer seat mod and dual headlight mod. These can be skipped if you don't ride at night or don't ride for more than an hour.

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
This is what i have done to my bike in order, from more useful to least useful:

Make sure you set your Rear sag properly, You would not believe the difference it makes in handling! (i weight 176lbs and setting 5 gives me 28mm)

Change your fork oil to 10W, it really helps with the nose dive, i still have to set the front sag with washer, will do it soon. Some people go as high as 15w or 20w, 10w workes for me.

-1 front sprocket and speedohealer, it really wakes the bike up but definitely becomes a lot buzzyer. If you don't like cruising at 8000 rpm plus don't do it.
The bike is fine with it though, i rode a 300 Km trip keeping rpm between 8000 and 13000 rpm and the bike didn't overheat or seem to care even after 2 hours.

Foot pegs, IMO the stock foot pegs are very slippery and i feel like i have a lot more control with aluminium pegs.

FZ1 bar and Progrips grips. Gives you a more aggressive riding position and is easier on the wrists. Makes the bike feel more flickeable!
The Progrips (717) are so much nicer than stock, you barely have to hold on to feel in control, feels a lot safer to me.

Leo Vince Exhaust, just cause it sounds good...

Change the bulbs to better ones, you can get a lot more brightness from the headlights and the brake lights with good bulbs!

Sliders all around, i have frame, axle and swing arm sliders, maybe a bit overkill, but they look cool, and every little helps.

New mirrors, IMO the original ones are ugly and i couldn't see anything else than my elbows in them!

Radiator grill, when you know the price of a radiator, and see the crappy stock grill protecting it, it just makes sens.

Seat cowl, purely for looks, but it does look good!

Belly pan, no real function other than look cool...

Tail tidy, as the name implies, it cleans up the rear nicely, but will not protect you from water projections as well as the stock horror.

Smoked lenses on the turn signals, just cause they look badass!

Paint the radiator cap mat black, once again, just for looks, but i really hated the bright orange cap!

I am also in Belgium so if you need help finding websites that sell all those goodies let me know!

Here are a couple pics, threads are better with pics!

Those were before the FZ1 bar swap and the footpegs:

DSC_3906_zps9d59fb96.jpg

DSC_3890_zps41ba8ad2.jpg

DSC_3911_zps0d402606.jpg

Last edited:

cpolson.cp

Reaction score
Visit site
This is what i have done to my bike in order, from more useful to least useful:

Make sure you set your Rear sag properly, You would not believe the difference it makes in handling! (i weight 176lbs and setting 5 gives me 28mm)

Change your fork oil to 10W, it really helps with the nose dive, i still have to set the front sag with washer, will do it soon. Some people go as high as 15w or 20w, 10w workes for me.

-1 front sprocket and speedohealer, it really wakes the bike up but definitely becomes a lot buzzyer. If you don't like cruising at 8000 rpm plus don't do it.
The bike is fine with it though, i rode a 300 Km trip keeping rpm between 8000 and 13000 rpm and the bike didn't overheat or seem to care even after 2 hours.

Foot pegs, IMO the stock foot pegs are very slippery and i feel like i have a lot more control with aluminium pegs.

FZ1 bar and Progrips grips. Gives you a more aggressive riding position and is easier on the wrists. Makes the bike feel more flickeable!
The Progrips (717) are so much nicer than stock, you barely have to hold on to feel in control, feels a lot safer to me.

Leo Vince Exhaust, just cause it sounds good...

Change the bulbs to better ones, you can get a lot more brightness from the headlights and the brake lights with good bulbs!

Sliders all around, i have frame, axle and swing arm sliders, maybe a bit overkill, but they look cool, and every little helps.

New mirrors, IMO the original ones are ugly and i couldn't see anything else than my elbows in them!

Radiator grill, when you know the price of a radiator, and see the crappy stock grill protecting it, it just makes sens.

Seat cowl, purely for looks, but it does look good!

Belly pan, no real function other than look cool...

Tail tidy, as the name implies, it cleans up the rear nicely, but will not protect you from water projections as well as the stock horror.

Smoked lenses on the turn signals, just cause they look badass!

Paint the radiator cap mat black, once again, just for looks, but i really hated the bright orange cap!

I am also in Belgium so if you need help finding websites that sell all those goodies let me know!

Here are a couple pics, threads are better with pics!

Those were before the FZ1 bar swap and the footpegs:

DSC_3906_zps9d59fb96.jpg

DSC_3890_zps41ba8ad2.jpg

DSC_3911_zps0d402606.jpg

Looks great, how do you like the lower cowl/fairing? and which one is that you have? Also I notice that Belgium plate...whereabouts are you, I'm around Mons.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
FORK IT!!!
The first time I rode mine I knew I needed to work on the suspension.
- Dual head light
- Fork replacement or springs/oil if you cruise, springs/oil/emulators if you ride aggressively
- Grips
- Bars
- Love my 2B exhaust... sweet music....
- brake lines
- what ever turns your fancy...