Loud Exhaust

ohiostate1ncaa

Reaction score
Visit site
I was wondering if there are any of you out there that has replaced your exhaust in order to make your bike louder. If so what brands do you suggest and are there any out there that won't make a huge dent in my bank?:thumbup:
I have a 2005 fz6 btw

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I was wondering if there are any of you out there that has replaced your exhaust in order to make your bike louder. If so what brands do you suggest and are there any out there that won't make a huge dent in my bank?:thumbup:
I have a 2005 fz6 btw

Welcome to the forum!:welcome:

There are numerous threads under the search section.

There are also ways to mod the stock muffler for very cheap as well... Probably (I'm guesstamating) 75% at least of the FZ6's have aftermarket or modded muffflers...(myself included, love my Scorpions)

Should you buy aftermarket pipes, pay attention to if they need re-packing, (or servicing after a certain amount of miles)

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Should you buy aftermarket pipes, pay attention to if they need re-packing, (or servicing after a certain amount of miles)

A big +1!! My cheap exhaust exploded after 12k miles, in part because I never repacked it (but mostly because it was junk :rolleyes: ).

I replaced it with Scorpion for 2 very important reasons:

1. Lifetime warranty to original owner.
2. Guaranteed to never need repacking.

I do like Leo Vince quality as well. Had those for few thousand miles. According to LV, their pipes typically go about 20k miles before repacking material deteriorates, but they recommend doing it a bit more frequently than that.

PurpleZJ

Reaction score
Visit site
I went from stock exhaust to drilled. It was alright but it wasn't what I was looking for. I started to build my own exhaust and lost interest in it. So I got two bros aluminum cans with no db killers and I couldn't be happier. The bike screams like it was built to now

fazerbound

Reaction score
Visit site
I replaced my stock exhaust (that the guy who had it before me screwed up) with a Cherry Bomb glass pack. sounds awesome.

Burt2707

Reaction score
Visit site
I do like Leo Vince quality as well. Had those for few thousand miles. According to LV, their pipes typically go about 20k miles before repacking material deteriorates, but they recommend doing it a bit more frequently than that.

I bought mine with Leo's on it close to a year ago. I have no idea how long he had them on before I got it, but I have since put around 10K Km's on it, and I have noticed a change in the note. Still sounds pretty sweet though.

I had a shop do a major service on it and while it was in asked if they could look into repacking, they told me they weren't the type of cans that could be repacked... Should I perhaps be investigating this further?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought mine with Leo's on it close to a year ago. I have no idea how long he had them on before I got it, but I have since put around 10K Km's on it, and I have noticed a change in the note. Still sounds pretty sweet though.

I had a shop do a major service on it and while it was in asked if they could look into repacking, they told me they weren't the type of cans that could be repacked... Should I perhaps be investigating this further?

Here's several re-packing kits for Leo's.

I don't know if it applies to yours or not... If you have rear caps that come off (probably 6 allan heads), I venture to guess, they can be re-packed.

Leo Vince Motorcycle Exhaust Accessories | MotoSport Canada

Last edited:

the_engineer

Reaction score
Visit site
A big +1!! My cheap exhaust exploded after 12k miles, in part because I never repacked it (but mostly because it was junk :rolleyes: ).

I replaced it with Scorpion for 2 very important reasons:

1. Lifetime warranty to original owner.
2. Guaranteed to never need repacking.

I am pretty new to the bike world, what exactly is repacking?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I am pretty new to the bike world, what exactly is repacking?

There is an inner perforate cylinder in the exhaust. Between that inner perf cylinder and the outside cylinder of the exhaust there is a fiberglass packing. Sound pressure from expanding exhaust gasses is somewhat absorbed through the perforations into the glass packing which softens harsher sound components. This fiber glass is recommended to be changed after a year or two.:)

Here.... [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnnLcYa6_T4"]Two Brothers Racing - Muffler Repack Tutorial - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Harlequin Angel

Reaction score
Visit site
I have two brothers black series. They are quite loud however the cars in peak hour definitely notice me They have also set off a vans alarm twice now :D

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
I replaced my stock exhaust (that the guy who had it before me screwed up) with a Cherry Bomb glass pack. sounds awesome.

Got any pics of that? glasspacks ftw. Cheap, free flowing, loud, light and low profile - only problem is they're a bit raspy. I feel like I'm on a riced out civic sometimes.

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
Did you guys running exhausts without baffles have to get a power commander? I just ordered some Leos and am wondering if I should run them with or without the baffles since I don't have a power commander.

LeeFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
I suppose these are slip on exhausts, not full racing system (but you can buy those too). Did u guys notice any power gain or loose with those exhaust?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Did you guys running exhausts without baffles have to get a power commander? I just ordered some Leos and am wondering if I should run them with or without the baffles since I don't have a power commander.

As long as you're just changing the exhaust cans and not getting rid of the CAT pipe. you're good to go..:)

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
Ah... and the Leos get rid of the cat don't they? Can the ECU handle that or should I wait till I have the cash for a PCV to install the pipes?

shamrocker

Reaction score
joshisingreenville.blogspot.com
There is an inner perforate cylinder in the exhaust. Between that inner perf cylinder and the outside cylinder of the exhaust there is a fiberglass packing. Sound pressure from expanding exhaust gasses is somewhat absorbed through the perforations into the glass packing which softens harsher sound components. This fiber glass is recommended to be changed after a year or two.:)

Here.... Two Brothers Racing - Muffler Repack Tutorial - YouTube

Silly question: If I don't mind the exhaust getting louder, do I really need to worry about it? I've had my TB exhaust for two years now, and it still sounds fantastic. I've only put a few thousand miles on in that time, though.