Binoculars to watch Mid-America MC Race

Rocky01

Reaction score
Visit site
:) Yo everyone,

I'm relatively new to this forum so I don't know exactly where I could place this post.....

I'm looking to buy a pair of binoculars to watch the AMA Supersport Race at Mid-Ohio the end of July/Beginning of August. I'm looking for a good pair that are small to travel well, and work well for someone who wears glasses.

I looked at an electronics catalog from a NYC vendor and prices range from $79 to over $1000. I don't want to spend more than 100-150 for a decent pair...

Rocky

H

HavBlue

Mine are Tasco 10X50 with a range of 367 feet at 1,000 yards. The lenses are coated and the body is rubber coated so they're pretty tough for field work. Their size is 6.5 by 6.0 by 2.0 and they're awesome for just such events. I paid like $80 for them. Regardless of what you buy, hold them away from your face and look at an object in the distance. Be sure when you look through them the object you are looking at is in alignment from right to left or left to right. If not, don't buy that pair as you are likely to get headaches when looking through them over time.

craig007

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a pair of Orion Vista 10x50's (10x's magnification and 50 mm objective). Orion Telescopes ( Telescope.com: Binoculars )
has a lot of bino's over a wide price range. If you are doing daytime viewing, you can go smaller (like 40's or 30's). You may also want to back off of the magnification. 10x's is great, but the image shakes a lot if you can't hold them steady. Sometime, it is a problem when you are looking at fast moving stuff.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Agree with Craig, 8x is about as powerful as I'd go. I have a pair of Nikon 8 x 40's that I paid about $100 for ten years ago, I still love 'em! :thumbup: