FZ6 Sevice in Vancouver, BC

SueMc

Reaction score
Visit site
So my husband and I have a big trip planned for the first three weeks of June. In looking at our planned route/distance, I'm going to need to get my bike in for the 2nd (7000 km) service well before we get home. We've got a couple 2-3 day stops planned, and I think I'll probably hit about 7,600 km about Vancouver, where we'll be spending a couple of days. Can anyone suggest a good place to get the bike serviced there? I know I can just look up the closest place (we'll be staying in North Vancouver), and try to book it in there, but if anyone can recommend a place, I'd really appreciate it!

urbanj

Reaction score
Visit site
there is north shore suzuki yamaha which is a dealer on the north shore. i wouldnt know if they are good or how much because i never go to shops for work.

SueMc

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, I'll check into them. Yeah, we usually do most of the work on the bikes ourselves, but being on the road will make that difficult!

Gigot2000

L'Bon Dieu Amen
Reaction score
Visit site
Did mine last summer on my trip for the 13000km check at

Pacific Rim Motorcycles LTD
21000 Westminster Hwy, unit 1000
Richmond 604-276-2552

It's a Yamaha/BMW dealer. The price was around 400$ spark plugs included and a change of tires (set of tires sold separately). I'm not sure it's the lowest price you can have in town though. If I remember well, it was around 85$/hour. But again, it was a 13000km service, not a 7000km. The service was good. They even lend me a F650GS (free+gas used) for the time. It was a blessing too 'cause there's nothing else to do in the vicinity of that dealer. It gave me the opportunity to take a tour of Vancouver on a completely different bike than our inline-4. I definitely like my FZ6, but would have been a HP2 sport... at 2 and 1/2 the price, I dunno :rolleyes:. I was in at 9h30 and was out at 15h30. I arrived one hour late (got lost and stuck in traffic for more than a hour) so maybe I was postponed on their service list. The Vancouver traffic IS an issue so think of it before you go.
They have a great choice of gear too. And that is always good to know on a long trip. For example, I bought there that "undoubtedly absolutely necessary" leather alpinestars jacket. Then, I looked around in the showroom. That red R6 looked "undoubtedly absolutely necessary" to me. And low priced! Until I found I was too tall for it. And, well, that R1 here was quite comfortable and undoubtedly... Anyway, almost went back home with a new bike! ;)
PS: Maybe I was lucky with the F650GS... You'll need to call before for servicing anyway so it's no biggy to ask if its available.

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
If you're going to be staying in North Vancouver, go to North Shore Yamaha/Suzuki.
Pacific Yamaha in Richmond has been going through a change of management and I really can't recommend them for service, even though I bought my FZ6 there. Pacific Yamaha does have a nice Accessory department now, so it's worth a visit just for that.
My son's father-in-law is very fussy about which bike shop he goes to, and just spent about $45,000 on 3 new Suzuki's at North Shore Yamaha Suzuki over the last 2 weeks. He likes their service and they have a good rep here in Vancouver. It's where I will take my business when I decide to replace my FZ6.
Hope this helps!

SueMc

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks OneTrack! I think that's just down the hill from my brother's place! I'm just giving them a call now, as we'll be there in a few days.