Hello ladies and gents

Rockhound

Stroked89Stanger
Reaction score
Visit site
First off hello, my name is Scott and I have been riding since I was 12, but only offroad. I am 24 and just graduated a few weeks ago from Union College, and now have a job in Bakersfield, CA telling roughnecks what kind of rocks they are drilling into and how much of the good stuff (oil/gas). I am from and still live in central Mass, but work in CA. I work 28 days on and 14 off so they fly back and forth, pretty sweet deal. I hear the riding out there is killer.

I have been in the market for a new 07 FZ6 for the past week and amazingly there is not 1 in all of New England, and this region is completely sold out. So, if I cannot find one in Cali while I am out there it looks like I will have to wait for the 08's. Any good ideas? I really want a new one for several reason..

Enough about that, I have been lurking a while and decided to join, one way or another I will have an FZ shortly. :)

S

sportrider

welcome aboard!!! montclair yamaha had 2 last time I was there, also try chaparral in san bernardino they normally have a large inventory. if your in the palms springs area go to 10west motorsports(760)343-0733 there's two (one red, one blue) they were there two weeks ago. thats my local shop I like the staff there. you'll find one, just keep looking.:thumbup:

Rockhound

Stroked89Stanger
Reaction score
Visit site
How close are these places to Bakersfield. I work 12 hours a day, and have only been out there once for a couple of days so I really do no know the area well yet. But I will definitely check these places out.

Red or Blue...hmmm:)

Thanks for the help!

S

sportrider

Last edited by a moderator:

Rockhound

Stroked89Stanger
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey thanks! I will probably call them while I am out there. Then we'll see about going down. I need to find out how much of a deposit they need to hold one for like 3 weeks, until I can get my *** out there and get it.

I really want to keep it out there b/c the riding is worlds better than NE, but I want to ride with the old man too, guess i'll be figuring something out.

W

wrightme43

Welcome Welcome, glad your here.

I am sure you will find one. If you just cant wait another day, drive a truck or fly down. There is a red one at the local cycleshop where I got my blue one. Pretty good folks, nice owner who is usually around, sales guy that rides in gear, and reccomends newbies start on a new or used small bike.
If you fly rent a uhaul and tote her home. Or if you have experince riding long distance just ride her home.

Anyway glad your here man, hope you enjoy the site.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Bakersfield is only 2hrs from LA, you should find plenty of dealers who have them in stock. If they don't have it in Bakersfield, they can always get it shipped. Also, I posted a thread showing how much we all spent on our new bikes, some have bought in California so it should give you an idea how much a new bike will run out the door. Oh by the way, if you still like riding off road, there is a great place to ride in the Mohave Desert, near Califronia City. Halfway between Bakersfield and Barstow, near Edwards AirForce Base.

Rockhound

Stroked89Stanger
Reaction score
Visit site
cool thanks!

Yea i was thinking of getting a dual sport to keep out there and keep the FZ back home so I could ride with my father.

I really loved my KLX650 (all dirt)...it was a freakin MONSTER. before that i had a yama rt180 and a xr100 (when I was 12 yo). The still think the yama was the best built and had some serious nutz for its size, and the FZ has felt like the bike for me. Sitting on it anyways, can't wait to fire one up and give a little twist on the go handle

re-pete

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi sorry it took so long to post a reply , two weeks vacation and didn't look at a computer once.
Valley Yamaha is located in Port Williams Nova Scotia, heck you'll even save a few bucks on the exchange.. I drive to New England all the time on business. It's a 14 hour drive, seems long but the scenery is really nice and you can really fly. Just don't speed in the State of Maine, anything over 30mph is considered "criminal speeding" according to the trooper who popped out of no where on Route 1.. expensive day :(

gmickey2001

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Rockhound,

There is at least one maybe two at Powerhouse Motorcycles in Paso Robles. To the west of you. I'm sure you know where Lost Hills is since your are in that business. It's on the way to Paso.

My Dad was a Micropaleontologist and I think the location you are working in was one of his specialties. FWIW.

Rockhound

Stroked89Stanger
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, just got back from my 28 day stint in Cali working, and sort of bad news, cuz I didn't get an FZ6. INstead, I was calling around home and got a hell of a deal on an 07 FZ 1, cobalt blue. I am picking it up tomorrow or wednesday, weather permitting. I hope I can still hang around and shoot the $h!t with everyone.

So Cal's weather rocks by the way!

S

sportrider

congratulations on the new bike, let us know how you like it. I've been eyeballing on 07 in black, but I think I'll keep the FZ6 for a few more years. I've always been partial to the 600cc class(I like to rev).
:Sport: