My first track day!

JTL

Reaction score
Visit site
I went to Kemora racetrack yesterday for my first trackday. There was a track riding course for first timers as well that was really helpful in learning the correct lines and riding posture. It was such fun that it won't be my last time on the track :) The tires got a proper beating as well. 18k km going on the PR3 rear tire. Hardest thing for me at first seems to be to lean enough left, right curves for some reason felt easier.

Helmet cam video from the third 20min long riding session

Last edited:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
looks like you had a blast :thumbup:

Was that a vest you was wearing? as it seamed to be blowing about quite a bit (going on the shadows).

Good to see you wear in those PR3's :thumbup:

JTL

Reaction score
Visit site
I sure had :) The riders on the training course needed to wear a vest that didn't want to stay closed.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

fastar1

Reaction score
Visit site
Hardest thing for me at first seems to be to lean enough left, right curves for some reason felt easier.

I used to have that problem and then eventually i figured out that I was locking my L elbow against my body, which took away all feeling of control and made me very apprehensive about L hand corners. In R hand corners I was instinctively pointing my R elbow out because otherwise I would have lost all throttle control.
Anyways that's not necessarily your problem, but pay attention to your elbows and if you need to, get someone to follow you and watch your body position. Apparently differences in handling between L-R are 99% of the time due to rider position.

JTL

Reaction score
Visit site
I used to have that problem and then eventually i figured out that I was locking my L elbow against my body, which took away all feeling of control and made me very apprehensive about L hand corners. In R hand corners I was instinctively pointing my R elbow out because otherwise I would have lost all throttle control.
Anyways that's not necessarily your problem, but pay attention to your elbows and if you need to, get someone to follow you and watch your body position. Apparently differences in handling between L-R are 99% of the time due to rider position.

Well the problem was related to yours. For some reason on left hand corners I had my left elbow way up (upper arm almost in line with the shoulders) and it prevented me from pushing the handlebar from the left in addition to pulling from the right side. Come to think of it, it probably limited my ability to move my upper body to the left quite a lot as this seems to be visible in the video. In right hand corners I was able to keep a relaxed position for the elbows quite much right from the start but the left side needed work. Anyway after I noticed the actual problem the lefthanders got better.

Last edited:

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
What kind of camera are you running?

I have a GoPro Hero 2 and I drilled a hole in the side of the case and ran a lapel mic into my helmet. I have the mic placed inside my right cheek pad so it muffles a lot of wind noise and allows me to talk into it as well as giving better engine noise.

Just a suggestion, and cool video, looks like a blast

JTL

Reaction score
Visit site
What kind of camera are you running?

I have a GoPro Hero 2 and I drilled a hole in the side of the case and ran a lapel mic into my helmet. I have the mic placed inside my right cheek pad so it muffles a lot of wind noise and allows me to talk into it as well as giving better engine noise.

Just a suggestion, and cool video, looks like a blast

The camera is Contour ROAM, and the audio quality sucks. There's no external mic connector and I don't want to ruin the waterproofing by adding one.... some foam in front of the mic might help though.

JTL

Reaction score
Visit site
Some pics (c) Holtsu. On the way to the track on a clearance sale I found a pair of new Spyke leather pants in the right size for me for 25€ which I thought was quite a bargain as the original price tag had 419€ in it :) 94% discount. No hanging of my lower body in these pictures as the instructor told us to save that for later learning and just move the upper body on first track day.

nivag

Reaction score
Visit site
The camera is Contour ROAM, and the audio quality sucks. There's no external mic connector and I don't want to ruin the waterproofing by adding one.... some foam in front of the mic might help though.

I taped a bit of foam ear plug over the front mic on mine, improved the sound a lot!

Really need to do another trackday myself at some point :)

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Some pics (c) Holtsu. On the way to the track on a clearance sale I found a pair of new Spyke leather pants in the right size for me for 25€ which I thought was quite a bargain as the original price tag had 419€ in it :) 94% discount. No hanging of my lower body in these pictures as the instructor told us to save that for later learning and just move the upper body on first track day.

Nice pics, you look like superman with that cape (well vest anyway) ;)