Saddlebags FIT and Size

JaredM

Reaction score
Visit site
I am looking for some saddlebags for my new baby....2007 fz6 Burgundy!
I see lots of posts about how people like their bags, but none show if they are good for 2 up riding? I want to get some larger bags, so I can put my laptop in them and or go on a weekend trip with the wife. Any suggestions that do not break the bank? I love the givi, but at over 1000.00 US that is too much. Thanks for your help!

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
Try the Oxford Sport panniers if available at your area. From all the reviews on the net it is as large as it can get. I also remember too many people having the cortechs and never heard bad comments

JaredM

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks...but I have no idea of dimensions etc. fit and finish? looks like the oxford is 194.00 I think cortech is less on the sport but not sure on the other?

Alterin

Reaction score
Visit site
I should have some Nelson Rigg CL-1000's on the way within the week... They're soft saddlebags look like they'll be plenty big, but I'll let ya know.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
good luck in your search, i don't think that many of the saddle bags are going to be very good for 2-up riding...the Givi tail storage thing is the only thing i have heard that is good for 2-up, but very expensive...

JaredM

Reaction score
Visit site
I spoke to a rep at New Enough and he was honest and said that any of the bags i look at will have issues because of the exhaust under the seat and the harness on ANY bag. I am wondering if anyone has had a bag that this was not an issue on? Maybe only the givi hardbags?

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought a set of Oxford panniers. Nelly uses them permanently and still noticed no damage.

I did purchase a fire "blanket" though and I intend to sew it on the back of the panniers where the bags contact the exhaust cover. If you are not using stock exhaust (thus no exhaust cover...) I have no suggestions or any idea how hot they get.

cv_rider

Reaction score
Visit site
I've got a CoreTech saddle bag set and tailbag. No way you could have a passenger with that setup. The tail bag sits on the rider's seat. The saddle bags go over the grab bar, and they might get in the way of the rider's legs. The saddle bags touch the plastic exhaust cover, but it's not hot. Many people have reported no problems with soft saddle bags touching that exhaust cover.

lewis6681

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone with the soft-side saddlebags or tailbags have any problems with the color fading after being in the sunlight for long periods of time? Just curious if the heat from the exhaust or the sun would fade the bags or cause discoloring?
I think this question ties in to this post a little, otherwise sorry for the thread jacking :)

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
From what I read on this board about soft luggage, I feel that it could be a waste of money, but if you feel that you NEED one, Bagster makes some muffler pads. Check them out under the luggage category and search if they have a dealer near your location.