Need Z range tire for FZ6?

KUMAJ

Reaction score
Visit site
Allow me post new thread.
I'm reviewing select tire for this summer and, might choose BT-021. However, it is rare case for me riding faster than 210km/h (130mph) continuously... . It is point that I want to try H range tire.

Now I found 120/70-17 in line up of BT-090 and BT-92 for front. If there are people who has experience to use H range radial tire, please let me know impression.

Also, I'm thinking 170/60-17 tire for get quick steering feel. Is there some one try this size for rear?

Last edited:

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
I wouldnt take the chance. Of course i ride 130 to work everyday. Do you really want to get a tire rated lower than whats supposed to go there just for saving a few bucks?

H

HavBlue

I wouldnt take the chance. Of course i ride 130 to work everyday. Do you really want to get a tire rated lower than whats supposed to go there just for saving a few bucks?

The H speed rated tire is good for a consistent 130mph and if the 60 series tire is recommended for rims in the 4.5 to 5.5 range there shouldn't be any problems. The narrower tire should reduce the bar pressure required for a specific feedback in terms of tip-in however, the BT series compounds get softer as the respective number is reduced so the 090 will be a much harder coumpound than the 021. The tire may last longer but the grip factor won't be near that of the softer compound.

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
just remember if u go down and the insurance company notices you have a different size tire than factory recomended they can choose not to pay!

KUMAJ

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you for your advice and input.

#Why H range tire
It is little cheaper:Im With Stupid: Z range tire is much more expensive than western countries.

Recent mid size bike like CB400 Super Four, XJR400(Are these Japan specific model?) has little heavier weight or similar weight with FZ6. Also, such bikes are still majolity in Japan. It means there is possibility that Bridgestone consider well the tire character for mid bike and, Japanese traffic or road condition.

#Why 170 tire??
Some recent Super Sport model looks like switching tire size from 190 to 180. I'm curious how it works on FZ6, when convert 180 to 170.

#insurance
Still it is leagal behaviour in here.

I'll post, if I try it.

Last edited:
H

HavBlue

just remember if u go down and the insurance company notices you have a different size tire than factory recomended they can choose not to pay!

OK, I would highly recommend you check with your specific company as this would get blown out of court in a heartbeat if it were not specifically written in the language of the policy. Now, this would not stop them from renewing the policy but for them to say "we won't honor the policy by not paying" they had better have a really, really good excuse and that tire size isn't one of them. Especially if the tire were recommended for the appropriate GVWR.

H

HavBlue

you are compromising the response of the handling.

Why, because it actually becomes easier???? Why do you think the folks with the 190 tire on the R1 are going back to the 180? Because it handles that much better.