Power Commander 3 or 5?

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
Anybody have experience with both, or have a recommendation for one over the other and why?

'07 stock.

I've got a PCIII USB on my GSXR. It works fine. As far as the base function goes, they're identical.

The PCV has dual maps built in, but a quick upgrade on the PCIII adds in that ability.

The PCV can accept gear input if you need that extra control (if you're not racing then probably not).

The PCV can accept a 0-5VDC analog signal to adjust the map. Useful for forced induction or nitrous to adjust the map as boost is added, but not for much else.

The PCV has more adjustment range (up to -100/+250 from ±100), and is capable of handling motors with 8 injectors... which you have 4.

The PCV is smaller.

And.... that's about it on the differences. So unless you need the extra control, the smaller size, or gear inputs for some reason, I'd just go with the PCIII USB.

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
Well - Downrange has a lot more to say than I do about that.

I have a III USB and it works great - easy to change, and on the FZ I can't imagine needing more controls than it offers, odds are you're just trying to realize the performance from an exhaust system, and the PCIII USB is fine for that. There's also plenty of room for it, it's about the size of a pack of cigarettes.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
III are no longer manufactured but if you get a deal on one, should be good to go. If you really want to wake up the FZ get the ignition module to go with it. You'll need to take your time playing and NOT blow up your engine! And run premium fuel to get the most out of it. I stayed away as I haven't found anything that includes a simple knock sensor.

Ignition Module, Power Commander Ignition Module