Had fun at my first track day! NYST

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I finally was able to hit the track before the summer ends! the brand new New York Safety Track was great! i signed up with team pro-motion and the rider coaches were really helpful and the classroom time was very important. i was the only fz6 rider there. i have now realized of how much of a sucky rider i am lol. i need to work on my lines, later entry, and stop early appexing (no pun intended). i kept running wide in turn 1 which is a double apex turn bc i was coming in way too hot and turn 12 was also hard bc it is a late apex then to an immediate left chicane. but over all great day! great track! no chicken strips! will soon return

heres come pics:
parking next to the classroom

first session

in the pits

with the pass!

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Way to go, Ant!! Really glad to see you took it to the track! :thumbup:

I hope it'll do for you what it does for so many others.. give you a nice long adrenaline fix and keep you safe on the street. Maybe I'll join you at NYST next year!

Was CBR Bob one of your coaches, by any chance? (big fella.. long hair). He's also a MSF RiderCoach and range coordinator at one of the locations where I coach.

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Threads like this are not helping me resist the siren call of "track day."

Looks like you had a great time. Thanks for posting all the pics.
:popcorn: I almost felt like I was there watching.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So they make you tape up your headlights and such? Nice pics. Wish we had a track round here.

Yup. All lights / indicators have to be taped up or removed. Mirrors are usually removed too. Depending on school / your level (definitely not beginner), you are also asked to safety-wire certain things and have to run water instead of anti-freeze (though there are other products out there these days which are acceptable). They also check (or *should*) the condition of your tires.

xgrafcorex

arachnobiker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice! Looks like a blast for sure. There's a pretty nice track near me, I need to look into joining a club or something.

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Way to go, Ant!! Really glad to see you took it to the track! :thumbup:

I hope it'll do for you what it does for so many others.. give you a nice long adrenaline fix and keep you safe on the street. Maybe I'll join you at NYST next year!

Was CBR Bob one of your coaches, by any chance? (big fella.. long hair). He's also a MSF RiderCoach and range coordinator at one of the locations where I coach.

it definitely taught me some very useful things for the street.im might be going again in september but idk yet lol. i didnt see any rider coaches with long hair. maybe i missed him or he might be in an advanced group

now the addiction has kicked in! im either throwing clip ons on the fz6 or im contemplating on buying an sv650 :( i found a fixer upper on CL for cheap.:D
Threads like this are not helping me resist the siren call of "track day."

Looks like you had a great time. Thanks for posting all the pics.
:popcorn: I almost felt like I was there watching.
if u get the chance to do a track day go for it! u'll have the time of ur life!
i made some friends there at the track and everyone is very helpful!

So they make you tape up your headlights and such? Nice pics. Wish we had a track round here.

i took out my headlight. i had a extra upperfairing and windscreen i just gorilla taped up

Nice! Looks like a blast for sure. There's a pretty nice track near me, I need to look into joining a club or something.
definitely look for an organization that rents the track or even the track itself has certain days they run for motorcycles