Held Steve Glove review.

W

wrightme43

Really a very nicely made glove. Held has a reputation for outstanding quality, comfort, and longevity.

These gloves have the boxed fingers. The left index has a glove wipe for rain rides. The palm has metal rivets, lined on the inside with kevlar and a extra layer of leather to protect from burns and wear thru. The leather is very comfortable with a unlined kangaroo palm, and a lined cowhide back.

The pictures will speak louder than words though.

W

wrightme43

and here is the inside view.

Outstanding glove. Highly reccomended.

Also the are washable.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the same gloves. Love them! I didn't know they were washable though. That's good news because they are rather black in the finger and palm area. I was going to ask how you clean yours! :D

I can vouch for this testimony on the gloves. Best I've worn by far. Not great in the cold... is my only gripe. Since they are kangaroo palm, they are much thinner than cowhide and much stronger at protecting your hands. The rivets act as a skid plate in a crash and do the job well from what I've read.

To back up the quality of the glove, here is the WBW review: Held Gloves - webBikeWorld

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Held makes great gloves. Where did you buy them and (if you don't mind) how much?

I got lucky. I had a friend who bought them but decided he liked his other gloves better so when I bought my first FZ6, he gave them to me! So I paid nothing. :p

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
That's exactly what I paid for mine. A riding buddies friend had a small mishap and gave up riding. Gloves didn't fit him so bingo, they were mine. Next new pair I buy will be Held.

Troubl

On the Group W bench
Reaction score
Visit site
Also own a pair of Held Steve gloves and love them. However, they're starting to show some wear after daily use over the last year. As mentioned by someone, not really meant for cold weather... believe me, I tried! :D

Got mine at Cycle Gear.

JohnP

3rd Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just picked up a pair of Held Steve gloves along with a pair of Held 100% Silk cold weather inserts. I bought the gloves at Motomarket in Acton, Mass for $159 and $15 for the silk inserts. I usually ride with a pair of mesh kelvar gloves I picked up at Americade years ago. These were great on the Goldwing with its wind protection and heated grips, but I wanted something a bit warmer for the fall weather. I bought some winter motorcycle gloves years ago, but hated them. Way too bulky and stiff.

I have to say the Held Steve are the finest gloves I have owned. They fit like a glove ;), and are extremely flexible. They have that 5000 mile broken-in feeling the first time you use them. With the silk liner my hands were toasty last night riding in 60 degree (f) weather. I'm sure the combo will be great down to 50 degrees or even lower.

I was assured that these gloves not shrink when wet. In fact, the care instructions from Held say the gloves should we washed with mild soap and water, and even soaked in water every now and them to remove the salt and sweat build up. I had a pair of Vanson dearskin gloves that shrank 2 sizes the first time they got wet. I even brought them back to Vanson (the factory is about 90 minutes from where I live) and had them stretch the gloves, but they still were tight from that point on.

I highly recommend the Held Steve gloves. 5 stars.

John

Last edited: