Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
May he RIP.

We have mountain roads like that in the Appalachians as well, no room for error, lots of blind corners due to trees very close to the road. One oncoming car in the middle of the road in a corner and you're toast.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
First off, don't believe everything the news broadcasts. In light of no real evidence, they will publicly announce just about anything as its all about ratings and saying "something" even if its half baked.

I rode up there last night and find that wheelie thing hard to believe as the road is fresh tar with loose pea gravel topcoat. The the distance where the gravel ends and the suspect corner left my tires pebbled with millions of small stones. All I can say is it doesn't add up...
My tires weren't clean enough to stop, turn or lift the nose. We may never know. Either way its still a senseless loss.

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
First off, don't believe everything the news broadcasts. In light of no real evidence, they will publicly announce just about anything as its all about ratings and saying "something" even if its half baked.

I rode up there last night and find that wheelie thing hard to believe as the road is fresh tar with loose pea gravel topcoat. The the distance where the gravel ends and the suspect corner left my tires pebbled with millions of small stones. All I can say is it doesn't add up...
My tires weren't clean enough to stop, turn or lift the nose. We may never know. Either way its still a senseless loss.

Thanks for the local report. My mom always said "believe half of what you read and none of what you hear". This is so true with today's media.

Always sucks to lose another rider.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow.. you think they pulled the wheelie idea out of thin air? What do they gain by saying such a thing? Wouldn't it make for better news to mention that the road was covered in fine gravel, making it unsafe for all motorcycles and ended up taking a life?

Here on the East coast, they cover some roads in fine gravel in the spring/summer so that cars can literally drive it into the surface. It usually cleans up fairly quickly, but when it's fresh, riding a motorcycle over it is anything, but safe.

sandctrev

Reaction score
Visit site
Rip... That sucks. I always catch these articles before just before I get on my bike. At times there are things to learn. At times I just get scared.

I teach my kids to believe nothing that they hear and halph of what they see. You have to learn mostly everything on your own to ensure your getting the right information.

On another thought. We have a great many blind turns on rd's here in Cali. I can never realy get on it because I have to leave wiggle room in the turns to dodge bumpers coming into my lane.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Eric, same thing here. Cars do the packing and excess pools up on the side. That stuff couldn't have been there 3 days as there was no mounds in the middle.
Twice I've called local news teams to inquire where they got their info and twice I told them their clams are not fact. The reprinted and apologized. If said wheelie occurred on that surface with no houses in sight that leave a motorist to report. Could be.... if so, a very poor choice. Also note worthy is one story goes public and the others rubber stamp. Point; if one is wrong they all published the same thing.