Power Commander map switch installed with Scorpion & Decat pipe

BlackMilk

Reaction score
Visit site
I was going to have one map for use with baffles and one map setup for riding without baffles but dam there just too loud without the baffles installed!

So I plan on following Dynojets advice and editing my performance map by reducing the fuel at cruising range by 10%. I can then use this edited map for touring and the other for hooning :BLAA:

FZ6 power commander 5 (pcv) scorpion exhaust - YouTube

Marthy

Reaction score
Visit site
I was going to have one map for use with baffles and one map setup for riding without baffles but dam there just too loud without the baffles installed!

So I plan on following Dynojets advice and editing my performance map by reducing the fuel at cruising range by 10%. I can then use this edited map for touring and the other for hooning :BLAA:

FZ6 power commander 5 (pcv) scorpion exhaust - YouTube

10% is quite a lot in my opinion. Roughly 7% trim is close to 1 fuel ratio. Meaning that from 0 to -7% fuel will make the engine run from 13.0:1 to 14.0:1 fuel ratio.

If you don't have anything to measure FR (Autotune or some sort of wide-band O2 gauge or even on a dyno) I won't go any lower than 3-4% That's about .40 to .60 leaner. Going any lower that 13.5-13.7 is not recommended. Won't hurt the engine but driveability will suffer.

Only lean out the cruising range in the 10-15% throttle column in the RPM range you are cruising... so If you need to go WOT you don't need to reach for the switch.

You should consider connecting the speed sensor and using advance gear. One map per gear... Sport map in gear 1-4th then Touring gear in 5-6th.

BlackMilk

Reaction score
Visit site
Cheers Marthy, I have installed the speed wire and the PCV does reed the speed correctly. I hadn't thought about just making 5th &6th gear more fuel friendly - nice tip!

I did think when the Dynojet guy sugested 10% via email it seemed like too nice a round figure when all the other figures are all through the range.

I'll do some more riding and check my cruising rev range before attempting anything