New mods

Pagey

Tiger Boy
Reaction score
Visit site
OK, so i was content to ride around on my stock FZ6 until i joined this forum, now i have got the bug and so far last week i ordered.....

Scorpion cans
Tail tidy
BD43's headlight mod
Stebal horn
Already have a speedohealer

So the last thing i want and i would like so feed back from other is handlebar risers. I'm 190 cm so quite tall but i had my seat refurbished and its put about an inch on the seat height. I don't like putting pressure on my wrists (the days of drop down bars are well gone) so i was thinking about the risers. Does putting on the risers make a comfortable riding position and do the effect the handling that much ??

Feedback more than welcome....no flaming though lol :spank:

Thanks
Pagey

pookamatic

Reaction score
Visit site
I cannot comment on the risers either. Makes sense they would help though. I just switched to FZ1 bars. They're lovely, and my wrists are much happier, but I'm 2 inches shorter than you.

I think FZ6R pretty much match up 1:1 with FZ1 bars in that they take away the wrist bend, but are higher. This might be your ideal bar.

A riser to the stock bars should help reduce the pressure, but the awkward angle will still exist.

You can leave your flame suit in the closet. We're a cool community!

JeffD

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Pagey,
I'm just under you at 6'-1" and I added "Barbacks" to my FZ6 as soon as I got it. Strengthening my core helped a lot too! :) Squeeze the knees, etc. Anyway, yes they helped me with my stance & height, but yes, they also affect the steering in a small way. I don't know what your practices are, maybe a track day? But if you just enjoy the machine on a regular basis, I think you will like the Barbacks and not even notice the very slight steering geometry change. Very slight in my opinion, not to be considered if you're looking for a better stance, being all tall & all. :D

But wait! There's more! As Pookamatic said, the FZ1 bars are a HUGE help, trust us! I recently installed them on my bike and it should have come that way! WELL worth the $40 or so. Then add Grip Puppies and you're in comfort heaven! Don't forget the Top Saddlery seat, Ahh you already customized your seat... :D

TwistedThrottle.com
Handlebar riser barbacks & top clamps (BMW, Ducati, Gas-Gas, Honda, Kawasaki, KTM LC4, MZ, Suzuki, Triumph, Yamaha) - pair, 1" rise & 1" pullback - TwistedThrottle.com