Next track day at another RAF site next week.

odachi13

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, so my only track of the season this year was a washout at RAF Waddington. 1 full session, then complete downpour on the second resulting in me coming off the track (not off the bike tho).

Next Saturday is RAF Shawbury hosting their first ever track day.
f1kg.png

Track looks pretty fast, apologies for the quality of the image (was taken from a PDF), it reads "longest straight 700m" which unlike Waddington goes the down the actual runway not around it.

Can I discover my top speed and come right down for what looks like a sharp corner in 700m? Easy :cheer:

odachi13

Reaction score
Visit site
Did the track day yesteday. A teriffic effort that was organised by RAF boys in their spare time (they weren't paid for this). Weather was on my side this time, a bit of rain on one session but dried as quick as it came down.
Sadly in my novice group you still get people with their customised track day bikes who sit their mapping their ECU when not on the the track, but they were well behaved atleast and not trying to bully anyone.

4q1t.jpg

5h6e.jpg

kao7.jpg

9trg.jpg

7bp1.jpg

w4jo.jpg

The long straight didn't feel that long, get to about 120mph before I see the brake markers. Still fast overall though, hurtling around 80-100 on the sweeping corners.
Thankfully no one was hurt, a few bikes did pop though such as this FZR400
gg0k.jpg

Hopefully through it's sucess there will be more to come. Unlike RAF Waddington's track day you didn't need an RAF sponsor so I'll post details here as soon as I hear them. Who doesn't want to do a track day for £50?

mrug.jpg