oxygen sensor eliminator kit idea ??

GravisMaximus

Reaction score
Visit site
was looking at this :confused: kit :confused: Oxygen Sensor O2 Eliminator - Yamaha FZ6 FZ6R FZ1 FZ1N FZ8 FJR1300 | eBay and would like someones feedback who has one. it looks to me to be 1 of 2 things, just a blank plug so water cant get into the plug, thou i doubt it due to the description in the link of the item (will set code if just unplugged). Or its a jumper plug, simply connecting pins 1+2 and 3+4 in where the black plugs are. thanks in advance

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
No details in link but the cost implies you're buying something more than a plug, just not much more. The narrow band O2 sensors have a heater and their output switches back and fourth like a sign wave. So if it has a basic resistor and it is a simulator (IT DOESN'T SAY THAT), it may work.

If its just a blank plug the ECM is not going to be happy and will throw a code. Off hand, most simulators cost more than listed there.

Call or write them and ask.
v3narrowbandsim [ECMTuning - wiki]

GravisMaximus

Reaction score
Visit site
i was able to talk to the company that is selling this eliminator, to sum it up there is indeed a jumper connecting the pins. the jumper is a resistor!!

so anyone who has one of these could you please take the boot off from the back of it and tell me what the colors are on the resistor and or any numbers, and or a pic would be :thumbup: