De-cat

Mikeyc22

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey this asking for a friend, are there any large benefits installing a de-cat pipe onto a fazer that is running scorpion de-baffeled cans?

Cheers!

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
if you have a power commander then it would probably make more of a difference.

without one you may lose a tiny bit of low end torque, it would obviously be a little louder too

KingY

Reaction score
Visit site
yea you can fit a decat to standard exhaust, but the benefit will be minor, alot of the restriction is in the standard exhaust.

a shameless plug but i do have a de-cat for the s1 fazer for sale

Cortez

Reaction score
Visit site
yea you can fit a decat to standard exhaust, but the benefit will be minor, alot of the restriction is in the standard exhaust.

a shameless plug but i do have a de-cat for the s1 fazer for sale

S2 here!:cheer:

veyron1001

Reaction score
Visit site
With the cat delete, there was a little more mid range punch which is fine. Ultimately, I wanted my legs to stop roasting in Florida heat.

Exfreelander

Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone tried knocking the inside out of their standard cat pipe? Loads on ebay for less than half the cost of a de-cat pipe (saw one today for less than £30 with postage), and I did hear of people on doing this to some cars, then it looks standard and if the emissions are ok it should still pass it's MOT.
Not sure what it would do to the back pressure, the exhaust gasses would suddenly expand into an open space then have to squeeze back into the standard tube on it's way to the silencer/muffler/back box.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
As a rule, punching makes more turbulence and would be advised against unless the the unit is restricted/damaged and impairing flow. If the O2 sensor has been removed for an after market fuel controller, the continued rich mixture can take a cat out. CATs are designed to work efficiently at an A/F ratio of 14.1. Richer mixtures to get more power from the engine under load often has AFR's in the 12's. Under these conditions the CAT makes lots of heat burning the unburned fuel and some crack the honey comb. The pulses from the exhaust rattle the comb turning it to dust.

Don't forget the S2 has the smaller ones in the header also.