Shortening DB Killers on an Akrapovic

terrymcg

Reaction score
Visit site
Before I get the hacksaw out guys, I just wanted some feedback on a thread I am sure I read but now cant find!

My bike has the Akrapovic cans on it and they are too damn loud for me with the DB Killers out, but too quiet with them in! I was sure I read that if you chop the killers in half I should get the desired noise.

Am I right enough????

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd take off a little at a time, maybe 1/4 of it and try it(ride for a bit at different speeds). Keep cutting until your happy with the sound.

If your good with a welder you can always weld it back but its much easier to sneak up on it..

One persons "take off half" may be too loud for you personally, thus the cut a little at a time approach.

You have to remember too, with two mufflers, what you cut off will have ACTUALLY twice the effect.

Last edited:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Can you throw some pictures up of the cans and the DB killer before chop chop occurs.....

IMO - and as best i've seen its more about straightening the flow so the sound wave are not bouncing all over. This is more of a relationship to the smallest restriction or inside diameter at the cans outlet. My point, you may not see much increase in sound volume from cutting the length as much as opening up the diameter.