07 upper fairing

Chingado

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

I would like to exchange the upper fairing of a Fz6 06 model with the upper new design fairing of the Fz6 s2 07 model.

Is this possible? And if so, where can I get hold of this 07 fairing?

Hapi

Reaction score
Visit site
do you plan buy new headlights, and instrument panel, because they are different

Chingado

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, but the shape of the headlights on the 06 is the same as on the 07, aren't they? Haven't noticed any difference on pics though. And will the old instrument panel conflict with anything behind the 07 fairing?

fz6xlr8r

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm sure it's possible but the '07 has a different gauge cluster and the '06 cluster won't fit unless you do some cutting and it probably woldn't look good unless you bought the newer '07 gauges. Also, I think pre '07 models have the turn signals mounted to the fairing and the '07's have little brackets that hang from underneath the fairing for the signals to mount to. That may cause problems too. On top of that, I'm sure all of these parts would get quite expensive, to the point that it may not be worth doing. I'm not trying to poo poo your idea but I think it would become a very expensive project.

BTW. Welcome to the site. Glad to have you with us.:Sport:

Chingado

Reaction score
Visit site
thanks for that! I haven't got hold of a Fz6 yet, but i'm dead certain that this is the bike i'll start with.
U c I'm currently doing my licence:Sport: I'm in a bit of a doubt whether I should buy the new spec2 07 model, or an older one though.

Does anyone have first hand experience with the differences in handling between the earlier models and 07?

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
No difference as far as i can tell. I have ridden all from 04' to 07' and i havent noticed any difference as far as handling. The 05' i rode had a bunch of after market stuff on it and it ran almost like an R6.

I will say that if you have never owned a street bike or had much time on one. I wouldnt go new. Chances are pretty good you will either panic when someone pulls out in front of you (It will happen eventually) and might drop it. Or you might not put the kickstand down all the way and climb off. Either way the first bike always tends to get scratches and dents on it. I'm not trying to discourage in any way, I love motorcycles. But i have been in 3 bad accidents that have almost done me in. All of them from people in cars not caring that i was there.

Sorry about the long story, but i have seen too many accidents not to at least say something. I just want all new riders to remember: wear full gear, learn to operate your machine to the point that it is second nature, and never-ever assume that a car sees you.

Be careful and have fun!:thumbup:

Chingado

Reaction score
Visit site
No difference as far as i can tell. I have ridden all from 04' to 07' and i havent noticed any difference as far as handling. The 05' i rode had a bunch of after market stuff on it and it ran almost like an R6.

I will say that if you have never owned a street bike or had much time on one. I wouldnt go new. Chances are pretty good you will either panic when someone pulls out in front of you (It will happen eventually) and might drop it. Or you might not put the kickstand down all the way and climb off. Either way the first bike always tends to get scratches and dents on it. I'm not trying to discourage in any way, I love motorcycles. But i have been in 3 bad accidents that have almost done me in. All of them from people in cars not caring that i was there.

Sorry about the long story, but i have seen too many accidents not to at least say something. I just want all new riders to remember: wear full gear, learn to operate your machine to the point that it is second nature, and never-ever assume that a car sees you.

Be careful and have fun!:thumbup:

Thanks for the heads up, I have just bought myself a "used" 06 fz6-s!, And all i can say is that I love the bike!

Eviloliv3

I'm here for the women
Reaction score
Visit site
the headlights are the same. same part number through all years. ill be making a post