Off Centre Akrapovic Exhaust

terrymcg

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys,

Just picked up my bike yesterday and it came with an Akrapovic exhaust fitted. I have noticed that the two mufflers sit off centre and not how I think they should be. I have not dismantled the system as of yet, however after a quick look, everything appears to be bolted together as it should be. Therefore I cant see how this can happen. Any thoughts on the pics below would be gratefully received!

Terry

ticktock

Reaction score
Visit site
When fitting an undertail exhaust on the FZ6, you have to be REALLY finicky to get everything to line up properly. Tolerances in the bends of the pipes can have you shaking your fist for hours. Minor rotations of one pipe against another can make a huge change.

Most people get it close and then just give up. If you think it's worth disassembling, by all means take it apart and see what you can adjust; but if the previous owner used any type of sealant around the pipe fittings you're out of luck. I'd just leave it alone if it works as it should. Have seen many people wind up in that boat before.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I ended up the same way when I added my LV's....But I installed a Givi topcase rack at the same time! It took me 4 tries to finally get it straight enough that I couldnt tell. I even used a plumb line:thumbup: I took the exhaust apart all the way down to the header pipe then used a little grease on the joint connections to help with aligning it straight.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Heck, that's off a BUNCH!! They must have installed it while on the side stand!

As far off as it it, you should be able to just loosen, especially the lower "Y pipe and rotate everything as needed.

My Scorps don't have any sealer, no leaks or any issues. If everythings assembled straight, as designed, you should be ok.. BTW, I left the stock cat in and didn't touch anything until after the cat..

IMHO, I'd be pulling it apart, just enough to crack the clamps loose and rotate. If you can get to the clamps without removing any plastic, better yet, you can if your making progress or going backwards...

Last edited: