bike wont turn on!

mattyb1500

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello Fazer community,
So here is the story, I just finished work and had a nightmare my beloved fazer which I have named Lilly wont turn on at all nothing starts up. No dash, no lights nothing. Ive connect a charger to the terminals trying to gain a little ray of hope but alas no joy. The battery has tested good and is on charge, just in case. Also fuses are fine. My question is does this mean something fatal has happened or any other possible causes you can think of? You guys and gal's have always been so helpful and any advice you can offer will be gratefully received.
Thanks
Mattyb1500

Archeon

Reaction score
Visit site
Honestly sounds like a dead battery, wait for it to charge up and cross your fingers!

Good luck!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
On top of your battery there is a 30 amp main fuse. Is that fuse blown? If it is blown, why? If the 30 amp fuse is blown you have a component or main wire that dead shorted and you must find and repair that short.

Also, as the previous poster mentioned you could show 12 vdc at the battery but the battery has no depth of charge at all. Put your voltmeter on the battery and then turn the key. Does the voltage stay the same or go to zero volts. If the voltage stays the same (12.vdc) and the dash doesn't come on. You may have a bad connection or a blown main (30 amp) fuse. After 30 minutes of charging you should be able to at least see the dash come up with the key on.

If the the voltage dumps to zero it's probably the battery. :)

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
turned out to be a duff battery after only 9000 miles. Oh well. Thanks guys

An important thing to remember about batteries and tires is that their age is probably as if not more important than their usage - some people only put 50 miles a year on their bikes, so they never have to change their tires, right?

Batteries on the FZ start to go kaput in around 6-8 years - regardless of mileage and care sometimes - could easily be sooner or longer depending on climate, battery care, using a tender, and luck.