Cleaning your headers - Pics

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
Cleaning headers - Pics

So, i went to a friend to help me install the alarm on my bike. I saw a product for the headers there and I thought I should try it. Its a Yoshimura product and actually works great and I would say without too much effort. My headers were a mess and this thingy made them shiny silver again. Not shiny gold :D

Here is what happened after a 5 minutes of polishing one of them in contrast to the un-polished

Last edited:
H

HavBlue

GConn, tell me the rest of that bike got a flea bath too........
Glad you found something for the tubes....

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
GConn, tell me the rest of that bike got a flea bath too........
Glad you found something for the tubes....

hehehe....The rest of the bike is actually very clean. I just got to some wet roads on the mountain and the lower of the bike needs a bath again. Luckily I was not caught in a downpour because I was wearing my summer leathers....vents and stuff you know.

H

HavBlue

hehehe....The rest of the bike is actually very clean. I just got to some wet roads on the mountain and the lower of the bike needs a bath again. Luckily I was not caught in a downpour because I was wearing my summer leathers....vents and stuff you know.

Cool, I was hoping this was the case. Otherwise I was sending a referral to the NSPMA, National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Motorcycles.. he,he,he

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
No number/code. I got it from a local shop which is a dealer of Yoshimura exhausts. Everything but the directions is in Japanese. The name is Stain-Magic and the picture of the box is attached on my initial post.

It is only logical that your local Yoshimura dealer will have these in stock.

On a side note, a little warning for such products. I had a difficult time reaching the hard spots and my hands refused finishing the job..... :D. Some spots are really hard to rub...unless you can take the headers off, which I can't. I'll give it one more try during the weekend.

paulinus

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know if this would work for this application, but my future brother-in-law removed a spot on his Shadow's pipes where my sister's shoe sole melted with oven cleaner.

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
I use a product called "extreme", it is a chrome/metal polish that i get from cycle gear. It works like that stuff only instead of being a paste or cream this stuff is a big ball of brillo pad mixed with a white paste. You just tear off a piece of this stuff and coat your pipes with it, then buff off with a micro fiber rag. Works really good, ill see if i can find a pic.