Question before i take it in?

C

CombatPenguin

Got the bike new with 0 miles on it, ran great, did the 600 mile service myself (oil, filter, lubed chain and cables, checked all the nuts and bolts) The chain is within the spec for slack yet but probally couldn't hurt to adjust it. The bike always was able to make the front end feel light, but in the last few days it is having trouble doing so. The exhaust smells have more of a gas smell to them and there seems to be some hesitation (spelling) when starting out (hard to spin the tire in gravel even) and when i rev the bike when it's coming down it kind of backfires or sputters a bit. Almost like it's flooding the engine when i hit the gas. This is my first bike like this so I don't know whats all normal yet and what's not. Any thoughts before it goes in?

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
still under warranty? Bring it in anyway, could be any number of things, but my guess is throttle body adjustment. Although i am probably wrong, and i will let someone chime in to tell me so.

Canada17

Reaction score
Visit site
sounds like a throttle body issue to me. At my first service they adjusted my idle speed. I was also told that without the first service my warrantee was in jeopardy...

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
sounds like a throttle body issue to me. At my first service they adjusted my idle speed. I was also told that without the first service my warrantee was in jeopardy...

ahhh, but just as long as it was done, they can't require you to have it done by them, that would be a Monopoly and monopolies are wrong...

C

CombatPenguin

Well I check the chain, thats within specs. The gas was only a few days old but not from where i normally get it. I will make an app. to have it check. I have been checking all the cables and bolts to make sure nothing was loose. Re lubing the chain, and changing the oil again tonight. It's probably nothing just me being paranoid. I am going to tell them to check over the 600 mile stuff again just not change the oil. I am pretty sure they can't void your warranty just for changing your own oil??

trailblazer87

Curve Hound
Reaction score
Visit site
It sounds more like a sensor issue than a throttle body adjustment. Almost like a vacuum leak. If it an 07/08 it could be the o2 sensor otherwise I would guess the one of the sensors in the airbox. This is a warranty issue. Your warranty can not be voided for changing your own oil. They may ask for a receipt for the oil and filter at the most. Most places wont even do this much.