has anyone cut an 07 leo vince mid pipe for 06 bike?

bertrum

Reaction score
Visit site
i got a good deal on a leo vince exhaust for an 07 fz6 but my bike is and 06. the only difference in the hardware is that the mid pipe is 514mm on the 07 and i need it to be 327mm. what i want to know is on the 06 mid pipe what is the shape on the bottom end? does it have any tapering and how much? has anyone done this?

any advice would help thanks!

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not sure where those measurements came from (20.2" vs 12.8")but other than the OD of the CAT in the mid-pipe, I'm pretty sure the mid-pipe ends and overall length are the same.

Can someone confirm?

bertrum

Reaction score
Visit site
Those are the lengths of the pipes. the 07' is longer by 7.3 inches or 183 mm. I need to see an 06' mid pipe so i can know how to flare or bevel the bottom end. I think the pipe goes in at the bottom.

Thanks for the response.

bertrum

Reaction score
Visit site
i got the exhaust and the mid pipe is 18 3/8th inches or 466.7mm so the schematic is wrong? it says 514 on the book. still wondering how much to cut?

bertrum

Reaction score
Visit site
by the way i didn't need to cut the pipe. it took some persuasion to get it in. i had to remove the mounting point from the stock cat to get it to fit. but it fit. although i will say i dont recommend you try to fit this exhaust (07 leo on an 06 bike) unless you have some mechanical inclination and patience.